75 gallon tanganyikan

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
No I would want 12 cyps and a pair of calvus and cylindricus. Maybe lose the gobie. Or a pair of gobies, lose the cylindricus. But you want something different, and that's OK.
No I appreciate the input, just not looking to breed or attempt to raise fry at the moment. And I don't have the space to move much if the cylindricus get to aggressive, If the catfish will be a problem for the rock dwellers I'll just keep looking around. I got time lol

Reactions: J. H.

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
Usually people keep Tangs to observe behavior and you won't see much natural behavior with a single fish in the tank. The fish eat all the fry in my tanks (even without Synodontis) so spawning and babies never become a problem.

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
Usually people keep Tangs to observe behavior and you won't see much natural behavior with a single fish in the tank. The fish eat all the fry in my tanks (even without Synodontis) so spawning and babies never become a problem.
For sure, thats what I figured, well I'll look into getting a couple more calvus/cylindricus to try and get some pairs, do you think the cylindricus would get to aggressive during spawning?

DJRansome

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2008
New Jersey
One pair of each would be fine given what else you have in the tank. I find Tangs to be aggressive mostly to fish of the same species that are not half of the pair.

303mfk

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2011
Colorado
One pair of each would be fine given what else you have in the tank. I find Tangs to be aggressive mostly to fish of the same species that are not half of the pair.
How many should I add to try and pair each up?

Reactions: J. H.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store