C02 injection equipment

Muni

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2009
Central Washington
I am currently running a 60-gallon tank with a mix of sand and planted soil substrate. I only have a few small plants currently. 1 Amazon (Echinodorus bleheri), and 5 Staurogyne Repens sprigs.

I am currently under lit quite a bit as I am still only using the led strip that came with the tank. But light is coming.

My question is, I have a large C02 tank and regulator from my other hobbies that are not in use. Is injection helpful enough to mess with and what else should I add to my setup. I'll need some sort of diffuser at the least. A bubble counter.

For those of you running more high-tech setups, is the solenoid worth it? where is a good place for a solenoid by itself most that I've seen are a regulator/solenoid combo.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I run a reasonably high tech 50G, so let me drop in with my 0.2 cents worth...

If you run Co2 you in theory should see better growth on your plants since they use it for growth...

The problem is with the accelerated growth you will also probably need the appropriate amount of ferts to also help them grow propery...

Onto the Soleniod, i personally dont use one, just a bubble counter and regulator hooked up directly to my Co2... so if you want to use one is personal choice i would think???

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
i love my co2 system. i use a solenoid and dont have any regrets about it. i think the solenoid is super helpful if youll be injecting a lot of co2 or have a larger system, you dont want extra co2 being injected at night when the plants can't utilize it. I would suggest a pressurized system for anyone wanting fast plant growth and especially for bushy or thick growth

Dieboldly

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 24, 2015
Buena Park, CA
I just set up a 20lb co2 with a regulator and a ph meter. All from milwaukee. Seems to work pretty well. Still trying to figure out how the ph meter works with turning on and off the co2 but so far it seems to be the best bet for me. Will help keep ph balanced so I don't kill my fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store