I think my Red Texas and Red Devil may be trying to breed.

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
These two have sectioned themselves off in the corner of their growout, and have seemed to prep it for eggs. They have definitely paired off with each other and the Red Devil is venting while the Texas has gone murder mode on anyone that enters that corner of the tank. Do you think these two may be trying to breed?

heavyhitter

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2008
Nebraska
Perhaps, they defiantly are getting along. There are lots of flakes floating around, have you tried pellets? Less nutrition leaching out in the water and much cleaner.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
Perhaps, they defiantly are getting along. There are lots of flakes floating around, have you tried pellets? Less nutrition leaching out in the water and much cleaner.
My daughter dropped too many flakes in the tank. Haha.

We have eggs. The Texas and momma are defending them. I'm setting up a divider for them right now to section mom and dad off from the others.

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
Here's the eggs, most have turned white. We may get lucky with the few that have turned the brownish color. We will find out.

IMG_2703.JPG

IMG_2693.JPG

Charles E Washington

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
My daughter dropped too many flakes in the tank. Haha.

We have eggs. The Texas and momma are defending them. I'm setting up a divider for them right now to section mom and dad off from the others.
Thats a good idea...I had to do that wit my femals silk flowerhorn her and male got in a fight....over eggs...she lost

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
Thats a good idea...I had to do that wit my femals silk flowerhorn her and male got in a fight....over eggs...she lost
That batch went unfertilized, unfortunately. They haven't laid eggs again since. I'm not sure if they may have just lost interest in each other or what's going on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store