Updates from the 300

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Nice! Have you done any observation of PT yet? (I'm actually an OT.)

You can find videos of the procedure if you're curious. Basically, they inject a local anesthetic into the hand, and then use a needle in a sawing motion back and forth to cut the dupuytrens cords. The pt. is awake the whole time. They seem to do now because there's no pain, but psychologically it's weird. :)

Reactions: clm08k and DMD123

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA

You can find videos of the procedure if you're curious. Basically, they inject a local anesthetic into the hand, and then use a needle in a sawing motion back and forth to cut the dupuytrens cords. The pt. is awake the whole time. They seem to do now because there's no pain, but psychologically it's weird. :)
I am getting sick just reading about it... lol, I am a light weight that way. You would think the whole needle thing would not be a huge issue since I have to do two insulin shots a day but needles still wig me out.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
It's so cool though because you can then maybe avoid the whole full on open palm surgery! I get it though.... I can watch but it's not my hand. ;)
I likely have a couple months of relief with the shot so it gives me some time. When the doctor was talking about it, they were leaning toward surgery but I will revisit that when it starts acting up again. The small nodule in the hand is irritating but the finger lock and pain were the worst of it. Will see what I decide when it starts acting up again.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016

Neat! That's awesome that you are an OT! Hand therapy is so intricicate! The dupiytrens thing sounds really intense. I would be scared of it and wouldn't be able to watch. You are very brave.

I did some observation hours at outpatient private practice....but still need to shadow for neural pt. currently I am working at that PT clinic right now as an aide/exercise tech. I figure physical therapy might be a good path to go down because I've worked as a personal trainer and group exercise instructor the past several years. I do like teaching people how to properly do exercises and I feel like I could be good at it. However, Marine bio is my dream. So it's hard to decide.

Reactions: DMD123 and magpie

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Better late than never updates

I am shocked how big Nessie the weeksii is. She was stuck at 13" forever until I really started feeding the tilapia at night

Weeksii have such cute faces!

Nom Nom the ansorgii

Ansorgii and Spec the Nigerian lap

Nigerian lap

weeksii getting ready to 'plank' someone

Porkchop the pearsei in the back looking for attention

magpie magpie , here is your favorite, the Faranah lap

Sorry its been so long for updates. Lots of honey do list items I had to finish! You married guys know what I mean!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store