Fungus?

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
My green terrors have spawned 3x now. Eggs fertilized everytime and maybe a max of 5-10 eggs grow fungus. The female removes those eggs eventually. They all hatch on the 3-4day depending on what time of day they were layed.

This is where something goes wrong.

The first batch disappeared after about 3days. The second and most recent batch disappeared on the second day.
I blamed the female for eating them from stress. Guessing my kids were pestering her too much from watching the tank.

Well, I think I see what the real issue is now. After seeing my female was no longer watching the fry I decided to syphon the area(in a cave where I can't see them). This is what I found.
20170428_153210.jpg
She didn't eat them. They are all dead. I sat watching for a few minutes to see if there was any movement, but nothing.

So my question is, is the white on their sacs fungus? Did these ones even fully hatch?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
My green terrors have spawned 3x now. Eggs fertilized everytime and maybe a max of 5-10 eggs grow fungus. The female removes those eggs eventually. They all hatch on the 3-4day depending on what time of day they were layed.

This is where something goes wrong.

The first batch disappeared after about 3days. The second and most recent batch disappeared on the second day.
I blamed the female for eating them from stress. Guessing my kids were pestering her too much from watching the tank.

Well, I think I see what the real issue is now. After seeing my female was no longer watching the fry I decided to syphon the area(in a cave where I can't see them). This is what I found.
View attachment 1249322
She didn't eat them. They are all dead. I sat watching for a few minutes to see if there was any movement, but nothing.

So my question is, is the white on their sacs fungus? Did these ones even fully hatch?

Never seen that before always just thought the eggs turned .

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store