The mutts that live with my special lil lady.....

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
Good luck with your coming pups..

Do you seriously have 30+ rays?

Is this all adults?
Take my hat off to you!!

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Looking good as always.

Update on the hybrids from Stan?

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
as i said ive had some problems and lost some rays. do you think filtration was an issue considering that since you lost rays your tanks have been better ?

im not judjing. ive lhad a bad run recnetly and my filters and even the direction of outlets have caused problems . i have just sold several and i ahve 3 rays that need special care because ive been to lax in caring for them. .
i hope your rays are doing wel though and ive not seen any freshwater morays although ive been looking lol

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Looking good as always.

Update on the hybrids from Stan?
Thanks! Hybrids from Stan are gone. Male died on me shortly after it arrived and I sold the female to Tim Folcik.

as i said ive had some problems and lost some rays. do you think filtration was an issue considering that since you lost rays your tanks have been better ?

im not judjing. ive lhad a bad run recnetly and my filters and even the direction of outlets have caused problems . i have just sold several and i ahve 3 rays that need special care because ive been to lax in caring for them. .
i hope your rays are doing wel though and ive not seen any freshwater morays although ive been looking lol
Filtration isn't an issue at my house (I don't believe) my baby rays were just fine year after year. I introduced some new rays without QTing and withing like 48 hours they began dropping like flies. Only took a few days and all my Marble pups were gone. 2 mutts were in the same tank behind a divider and they made it without issue. That tank had 8 pups total in it. Tank is 8x2x20 tall. Filtration is a 90 gallon sump there's a moving bed in the sump with K1/3 and chips under the waterline, above the waterline there's a wet/dry with bio balls (roughly 15 gallons) Also has a Fluval 405 canister feeding 40 watt UV. There's also 3 AC 110 HOB filters on this tank as well. 40 lpm air pump just for this tank. There's also a Korilia in there that should be a little over 2K gph. After the many attempted escapes of the FW Morays I am down to just 1 and it resides in the sump where I cannot catch the stupid thing. I personally believe that even these "True" FW Morays probably belong in salt. I've kept Morays - I know how they grow. These so called FW ones don't grow in FW, making me think like ALL morays they belong in salt water.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Thanks! Hybrids from Stan are gone. Male died on me shortly after it arrived and I sold the female to Tim Folcik.
That's a shame. Did she drop pups for you?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Reactions: SHARK13

SHARK13

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2012

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
I think ive identified my problems. Scalling back has made things easier and my current pups seem to be doing well even though they are in a hospital tank with a 10" female ive had for 4 or 5 yrs that i almost lost (pups are 4" so not ideal to be in with an older ray).
So you think it was a contact transfered desease that was the problem ?
Glad you mentioned the morays. Ive been looking at them for a while because i liked yours.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store