Payara (Cynodontidae et al.) ID and Care Guide 2.01

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
can i aerate the sump instead of main tank. just bc all my air system is in sump for the k1
Dissolved oxygen is dissolved oxygen. As long as you have sufficient turnover, you should be fine with your aeration being in the sump instead of the main.

Reactions: Matteus

jonnytat2

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 25, 2016
N. Jersey
Dissolved oxygen is dissolved oxygen. As long as you have sufficient turnover, you should be fine with your aeration being in the sump instead of the main.
awesome thanks. right now im working on the current/ flow of the tank. they def seem to like hanging around the calmer end of the tank at the moment. not sure if i have too much or not enough for their liking. got the output of a dct12000 pump, rio1700 on one end and a wp40 on the other end

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
awesome thanks. right now im working on the current/ flow of the tank. they def seem to like hanging around the calmer end of the tank at the moment. not sure if i have too much or not enough for their liking. got the output of a dct12000 pump, rio1700 on one end and a wp40 on the other end
If you're going to run high current, it is important to build current up over time. If you go fr no flow to violwnt, crashing whitewater, it'll stress the fish.

Reactions: Matteus
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store