My Red Oscar

AnthonyFish20

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2017
Westwood Nj
How did you know he doesn't tolerate other fish? I'm curious because right now I have a baby oscar in a tank with a jack dempsey and they seem to be getting along. Did you use to have fish in there with him?
they should be fine as longs your tank is 75 gallons for when they get big

Reactions: adnan

adnan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Bulgaria
Thank you Anthony but I already tried many times with different types of fish. I don't want any more dead fish.
My mistake was that in the beginning I didn't put 4-5 small Oscars in the tank. Now my Oscar is adult size fish and he/she looks at the whole tank like his/her territory.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Thank you Anthony but I already tried many times with different types of fish. I don't want any more dead fish.
My mistake was that in the beginning I didn't put 4-5 small Oscars in the tank. Now my Oscar is adult size fish and he/she looks at the whole tank like his/her territory.
4 or 5 would be way too much for that tank

adnan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Bulgaria
That's correct. I just didn't express myself clearly- I just wanted a couple and then if that happened to provide a bigger tank.
At the moment I don't plan to put any other tank mates.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Ah. Synodontis catfish may work, but feeding them would be a pain

I'm not a huge oscar fan but I wouldn't mind something like this

adnan

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2009
Bulgaria
Yes, Synodintis catfish are tough enough, active and funny, just it's hard to find big one. I had one years ago, absolutely gorgeous fish and very territorial.
Great idea Hendre, thanks!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I see a lot of big ones over here on my side of the world. Mine isn't active at all but is still rather small

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store