Hobbies and things for fun

esoxlucius

Balaclava Bot Butcher
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2015
UK
Nah, birds aren't for me. There's enough squawking already coming from the wife and kids.

I remember when i was a kid. When my grandma died my grandad was really lonely do my dad got him a parrot of some sort to keep him company. A few days later we were pulling up the driveway to grandads house and he was sat on his porch in the rain. My dad said, "oh no, i think grandads losing the plot". When my dad asked him why he was sat out in the rain he said, "that bloody bird's doing my head in, it won't shut up!" Haha.

Reactions: J. H.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nah, birds aren't for me. There's enough squawking already coming from the wife and kids.

I remember when i was a kid. When my grandma died my grandad was really lonely do my dad got him a parrot of some sort to keep him company. A few days later we were pulling up the driveway to grandads house and he was sat on his porch in the rain. My dad said, "oh no, i think grandads losing the plot". When my dad asked him why he was sat out in the rain he said, "that bloody bird's doing my head in, it won't shut up!" Haha.
My girlfriend is maybe getting a conure parrot. Much quieter lol. I don't live with her so it's her baby to look after :p

Great story lol!
My gran had a parrot that loved smarties. Until the jack Russells knocked the bottom off the cage, parrot flew out and the dogs got it :eek:

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
your thinking of a ruby or crimson. still big birds, blue and gold has blue wings and gold chest.

Imsobored152

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
Palm Bay, Fl
You should start doing stuff and including your son and get him interested in stuff while hes young, boating is something not many kids get to do anymore, our pc was still xp a month or so ago xD only just upgraded to a hybrid hand built pc that me and the hubby made
When hes older we for sure will. He'll be a year old next month. My pc needs a complete overhaul. Always built myself, but its just not in the budget for what I want.

Reactions: Kiragacasg95

Kiragacasg95

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
Somerset
Yeah we've spent a bit more than we should have building this one lol but we dont have kids to worry about or large bills as such

I think altogether we spent around £3550 on this one over the course of 8 month but still have things we want to tweak and change lol so no doubt will be more, i also want to replace the front panel with different lighting as it looks kind of naff in the standard red glow that we got the casing in,

aztsm

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2014
Arizona
I'm into a lot of different stuff. Biggest personal hobby is probably wrenching on my cars/detailing, followed by fish keeping, and a bit of gaming (PS4). Also occasionally like to go shooting or play golf but haven't got out to do either in a while.

They all take a back seat to the family though. They are my main joy and priority. My wife and I both enjoy watching movies and a variety of different tv shows. Also spend a lot of time with my boy and extended family. My son is a ball of energy and always wanting to do something. This summer is going to be a rough one haha. Last week of school

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store