Udon, Soba, and the Noodles

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
There still might be differences in plant types.... ?
Yeah that's what they say, And that is what I hope too. I don't think they would intentionally mislead. They have been around for a long time, and teach and employ knowledgeable people. Major university right around the corner. Lots of animal and agro based degrees come out of there.

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I got some of these cool Melini Cories for the 20 long. The solo Habrosus Cory (saved from work) is so happy to have buddies!

Ignore the mess - I had the 10 gallon light on the tank for too long so I had some plant meltage. Have a new light now. :)

IMG_9331.JPG IMG_9338.JPG IMG_9343.JPG

I'll post a couple of videos of the busy little things later. This is my first real group of cories ever! They're super cute.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I've always liked Corys......Heim, Feldman 2 of my favs!
Seriously though I had a squad of ohh I don't remember which ones silver body black spots about 8 in my 60g cube they were great!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I may be getting some bronze cories one day. These guys are rad :p

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I got some of these cool Melini Cories for the 20 long. The solo Habrosus Cory (saved from work) is so happy to have buddies!

Ignore the mess - I had the 10 gallon light on the tank for too long so I had some plant meltage. Have a new light now. :)

View attachment 1254155 View attachment 1254156 View attachment 1254157

I'll post a couple of videos of the busy little things later. This is my first real group of cories ever! They're super cute.
Nice corys mags. I saw a handful at petco yesterday and thought about putting them in the 75 with the hets and sen.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I've been lazy in updating.

Got 2 good measurements yesterday - Macaroni Polli is 6.75" and Ziti Teug is 5.5

I was trying to get a photo of my BN and how long his bristles are and there was a bit of a PHOTO BOMB. She is such an attention whore.
FullSizeRender 4.jpg

FullSizeRender 2.jpg

And, random side note. There is one last surviving Kuhli loach apparently. I saw him being picked at by a rope fish and it looks like he's taken a hit from some others, too.

I would have removed them back in the day, but they are just impossible to get since they can squirm under everything. Well this one must have been stressed and / or hurt because I actually caught him. He's now in the 20 gallon tank, living out his final Kuhli loach days in there. Hopefully not to be chomped by the puffer (who has shown zero interest so far.) Look at this poor guy. :(

He's about 5 years old and huge!
FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Big loach! We had a rescue one who was hellbent on getting into filters (this killed him)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store