any advice first dat

eeJamBOYan

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2016
South East Asia
I believe you already knew that that dat is an NTT. Northern Thailand Tiger. Wild caught. My experience taught me that this species is very fragile.
If you have not done this already, QUARANTINE it with a good med.
(I treat all my dat with Prazi sol.)

Make sure it respond to food of any form for a start. Avoid sunken belly.

You should research on "datnoid disease". There are many links out there for you to understand and be well informed on this.

NTT is at the top of my list of datnoid species since STs (Siamese Tiger) fetch ridiculous prices and close to being extinct in the hobby at least. Mekong River is sacred. LOL

You have a nice piece there by the way..

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I was waiting for you to answer the question I asked in the other thread that you posted about this same fish before I went forth with any advice but anyhow the previous poster had some good things to say and I agree with what was said.
I would try not to give it any feeder fish but do offer it pellets and f if it takes them they should be the bulk of it's diet otherwise give it fish fillet,raw shrimp and nightcrawlers.Also,they love to hide so if you have large pieces of decor for them to get behind your dat most likely will do so.I only use small,fist sized items if anything.That way my dats are never completely hidden and I can observe them and it helps get them become used to being out in the open.

Cribs8239

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2016
Still can't get it to eat pellets but he likes worms like and is alive and well

IMG_20170826_110901.jpg

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Your just a bad fish keeper...lol better bring him up to my house so I can get hom on a proper diet Tyler!

Cribs8239

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2016
Not bad keeping just learning still but might have to try that lol I've tried but I think he needs other to show him

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
The right tank mate might help. Sometimes that works. Problem is it might stress him out and make matters worse.

Cribs8239

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2016
Yeah that's what I'm worried about I might just have to bring him up

freak78

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2013
Northwest, Indiana
Try and get him on pellets or something equivalent as soon as you can. I've had one for over a month now and still it won't eat pellets for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store