hit the datnoid lottery

MorningStar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
SoCal
I bought mine from a distributor out here in CA at that size and they were really stable but eventually, they started acting like the other big guys. You should keep them separate from your unstable ones. That's just my thought. I'm waiting to see if the ones I have will grow out of it.

fish nerd 84

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
tennessee
I bought mine from a distributor out here in CA at that size and they were really stable but eventually, they started acting like the other big guys. You should keep them separate from your unstable ones. That's just my thought. I'm waiting to see if the ones I have will grow out of it.
I had to move my 4 bar for a week because when I added the three new ones even though they were all around the same size he started beating them. But things are going better now, I have found that when kept along I have not had a datnoid under 85% stable. But when together I agree mine are now unstable at times except for 1. I would separate them but I want them in the biggest tank for a faster growth rate.

MorningStar

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2015
SoCal
Sounds good. Now that I moved the bass with the smaller dats, they seem more active but will still act from time to time like a scaredy Dat. My 4x4 didn't take any pellets or MS today along with the bass. Kind of confused about that but we'll see how a little starvation will do for him. My oddball hasn't taken any pellets. Don't know when he'll ever. Not going to lose hope though.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
So far only one is now 100% pellet trained the other 2 charge the food and bite occasionally but are not eating
That's a start and I would not offer them anything else until they start eating the pellets.

fish nerd 84

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
tennessee
Everyone except for the smallest guy is now on pellets. They also recognizing me now and come to the front when I approach, less fighting in the group as well. It's amazing how their personalities change very similar to cichlids and worth the weeks of them hiding.

fish nerd 84

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
tennessee
Update I lost the smallest one, I could not get him to eat pellets despite his tankmates all eating them and I refuse to give into feeders. On a good note all of the others are thick and growing fast on massivore, perfect 3 bar, classic 4 bar, and 3 bar with a slight split in a bar. (Pictures to follow soon.)

fish nerd 84

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 14, 2009
tennessee
Update: lost my biggest one a few days ago. The water company did a system clean and there were elevated levels of chlorine in the water. I did a large water change and did not add enough prime. By the time I realized it was chlorine issues the big guy was already lost. Everyone else is fine. After that I only had a 4 bar and my perfect 3bar left out of the datnoids. To keep the 4 from killing the 3 bar I sold it. Since two datnoids for me has always been a recipe for disaster.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store