My Royal PITA

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
4 inches in 3 months is crazy! My Africans have grown about 2" in 10 months on a decent diet :eek:

Reactions: Experiment397

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
I don't think my afer has grown at all in 6 months lol. .

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
I didn't think he was growing much until I actually measured then it was quite a shock. I had to do it twice just to be sure. Sorry no updated pics, I keep the lights dimmed when I'm trying to do stuff with him and my crappy iphone camera doesn't like that very much

Reactions: Hao

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
I didn't think he was growing much until I actually measured then it was quite a shock. I had to do it twice just to be sure. Sorry no updated pics, I keep the lights dimmed when I'm trying to do stuff with him and my crappy iphone camera doesn't like that very much
At that size, it's hard to tell if they are growing especially since they don't get thicker, they stay pretty thin until they hit a certain size and start putting on some mass.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
At that size, it's hard to tell if they are growing especially since they don't get thicker, they stay pretty thin until they hit a certain size and start putting on some mass.
Thats pretty much spot on. I hardly noticed how long he had gotten until I actually measured. Went to measure my dats and decided to measure the rck too

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do it!!!!!!!! They usually run around 5x that in the stores around me. I got mine at a killer deal since I was already spending 300+ at the store
That is one fine looking royal.I wonder how one would be received and accepted by my afer knife.
I don't think my afer has grown at all in 6 months lol. .
What are you feeding it?

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Thats pretty much spot on. I hardly noticed how long he had gotten until I actually measured. Went to measure my dats and decided to measure the rck too
Personally I don't really realize how big my fish are until I buy a new fish (new fish looked big too). Then when I put in the new fish, my old fish dwarf it. :eek:

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Personally I don't really realize how big my fish are until I buy a new fish (new fish looked big too). Then when I put in the new fish, my old fish dwarf it. :eek:
Same here, my African knives have grown a load but it was so slow that I barely noticed. The bigger one is super thick now!

I had that with my syno. Got this tiny fish and now have a chunky 4.5" cat a year later

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store