Fishing season for 2017

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I've had a blast ocean fishing all over Florida. I travel for work so I just bring gear with and fish in the evenings. Find a pier or Rocky gedi, look online you'll find options. You'll be surprised by the action. I've caught a 37" red drum on a business trip afternoon in Florida

Reactions: fishnatics

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com

I try to avoid holiday weekends at the cabin so I ended up going up to the cabin (Northern Michigan) to get some spring yard work done Wed/Thurs and came back Friday morning. I got the work done by mid day so grabbed the fly rod and a box of pike flies I have been tying up over the winter and hit the river for a couple hours. Had many smaller pike 15-20" range chase & slash at the streamer and then on the last cast had this pretty decent one just inhale the fly and put up a pretty decent fight.

alecrromine

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2015
Kentucky
does anyone fish in the Lexington ky area? I live in Berea, and have fished two places here. I fished at owsley fork last week for about three casts until I realised I was about ten feet from a copperhead family, and decided to pack it up. this morning I went to wilgreen in richmond. i fish from a kayak. we had bad storms last night so the bite was tough. I caught several in the two hours i was there, but I only caught them after I downsized to a two inch grub. and I only wore out the little ones. I got two bass in the one pound range and the rest were small, super small. does anyone know of any good spots around here?

MHcblues119

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 28, 2007
Essex, New Jersey
Ah man I was hoping there would be some. What about pbass?
Yeah I'm sure largemouth fishing will be great up there. You'll really only catch peacocks and other exotics south of palm beach.

But as diesel said there are so many opportunities to fish down here. Wet a line anywhere you can. Live bait is the recipe for a great day

Reactions: fishnatics

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
That's a nice kitty Kid. Channel? Make it to the fryer?
Yes and no.

I got a few good fish this morning along with a few smaller ones. One seven pounder and the an eleven pounder from this morning-
IMG_0608.JPG

Steve_C

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Royal Oak, Michigan
www.midwestcustomflyrods.com
Just returned home from 3 full days on the Au Sable. Couldn't have had a better trip. My fishing buddy & I were using the new spey rods I just built for us and not only did they work wonders in spots too tight for normal single handed fly rods, but the trout Gods were kind to us and most the trout on the spey rods were all very nice fat healthy 16" to 18" Rainbows and browns. Really enjoyed using the spey rods, won't be giving up my single handers anytime soon, but will for sure be grabbing the spey on a regular bases on trips. A great time with a good friend catching great trout on what to me is the most beautiful river anywhere. Now it's time to finish a couple rods orders and tie some streamers to restock the flies I lost on this trip and then get ready to head back up for another 3 days in about a week.

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
Two of the fish from last nightIMG_0630.JPG IMG_0642.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store