My Congicus and Ornate growout

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Ive had quite a few jumpers. Teug slammed the lids yesterday. But yup wpuld see damage on the head or snout.
could the damage possibly be in the cervical spine and cause impact to the middle part of the spine? Not sure if that would affect the middle half of the body though.

Jaws, glad your 300 gal is poly proof!
From my experience with polys, I've rarely had them jump. I've only encountered that when my tank was bare with no décor/no sand/no nothing. Otherwise, they don't freak out too easily(Even when I net them, still calm). I have floating fake plants so they just chill in there if they do feel insecure. But if they were to jump, damage would be on the snout, considering they go head first.
that's awesome that they are still calm even when you net them. You are a pro. That's a great idea about the fake floating plants!

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
For me, upper jaws are much more jumpy than lower jaws. My early days of bichir keeping(bare tank), always had upper jaws jump out of the tank when I'm watching TV in the living room. :p
Only poly that i had jump out multiple times are both congi, i think some people here lost a congi due to jumping out of the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store