Platinum Attempt

Dempski D.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Seattle
Oh no! Sorry to hear that....Good luck with the next batch. Is the next attempt with they same blue gene golds?

foristcr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Spring Lake Michigan
This is a different pair from the initial pairing in this thread. That was their first attempt. So we shall see if they can get the hang of it this time, or I may pull the fry as soon as they get to free swimming.

foristcr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Spring Lake Michigan
My pair of blue gene jack dempseys. Again purchased not breed in my own tanks so I don't know for sure that they are blue genes. Also including a fry update. I just got a bunch of new sponge filters and a large air pump to run them all. Hence the additional sponge filters in the fry tank. Looking at expanding to a second rack soon so I'll need these filters ready to go.

IMG_3317.JPG IMG_3315.JPG

foristcr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Spring Lake Michigan
IMG_3318.JPG IMG_3320.JPG IMG_3325.JPG IMG_3326.JPG I was wondering why the blue gene pair wasn't breeding. Looks like there heater had been turned down. Turned it up last night and they are already cleaning the flower pot.

Most of the fry from the gold pair appear to have gone white. I pulled the small number that have already hatched and will pull anymore later tonight.

For good measure I added pictures of the original gold pair in their new tank position and the fry tank.

I also have a brine shrimp 10 gal going that's been going for about two weeks so hopefully it will produce some snacks for the babies.

Reactions: YankeeJack

Dempski D.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 23, 2017
Seattle
You have a good looking pair of blue genes hope yours produce some healthy electric blues. What's the plan for the electric blues?

Last edited:

foristcr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Spring Lake Michigan
Looks like I was right they are getting after it last night. It all depends on how many blue I get. I would like to grow some out but if I get enough I'll probably sell some. Assuming they look good.

IMG_3328.JPG IMG_3329.JPG

foristcr

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2008
Spring Lake Michigan
That's a little better than I was expecting after the small collection from last night. They are in a hang on fry holder for the time being. I have an additional 29 open currently. I'll have probably need to set up the hatchery that I picked up about a month ago. It needs some additions to its plumbing to help with water movement. Maybe I should do a diy thread for fixing the plumbing?

IMG_3332.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store