Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
If you haven't already, I'd really suggest reading Graham Hancock's book 'Magicians Of The Gods' as it touches on both South American and Egyptian megalithic architecture and the anomolies of the modern dogma of how old they are and who built them. He's also done a couple of really interesting podcasts with Joe Rogan, definitely worth listening to if you've got a few hours spare. Here's a little tid-bit on the age of the Sphinx from the most recent podcast they did where Rogan had Hancock and Randall Carlson (another really interesting dude to listen to) debate with Michael Shermer (editor of Skeptic magazine) on various subjects like this.

I certainly think there's merit to his idea of an ancient lost culture, even if there's not a lot of evidence for it the idea itself is still very plausible. And in reality the amount of evidence that would remain after a 300'+ rise in sea level at the end of the last ice age would be very minimal. Gobekli Tepe is certainly a possible indicator of earlier cultures being far more advanced than most academics believe. It seems highly unlikely [to me] that one day hunter-gatherer types woke up and decided to build a vast astronomically aligned megalithic site, an then deliberately bury it a thousand or so years later.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
If you haven't already, I'd really suggest reading Graham Hancock's book 'Magicians Of The Gods' as it touches on both South American and Egyptian megalithic architecture and the anomolies of the modern dogma of how old they are and who built them. He's also done a couple of really interesting podcasts with Joe Rogan, definitely worth listening to if you've got a few hours spare. Here's a little tid-bit on the age of the Sphinx from the most recent podcast they did where Rogan had Hancock and Randall Carlson (another really interesting dude to listen to) debate with Michael Shermer (editor of Skeptic magazine) on various subjects like this.

I certainly think there's merit to his idea of an ancient lost culture, even if there's not a lot of evidence for it the idea itself is still very plausible. And in reality the amount of evidence that would remain after a 300'+ rise in sea level at the end of the last ice age would be very minimal. Gobekli Tepe is certainly a possible indicator of earlier cultures being far more advanced than most academics believe. It seems highly unlikely [to me] that one day hunter-gatherer types woke up and decided to build a vast astronomically aligned megalithic site, an then deliberately bury it a thousand or so years later.
Ive beem slowly listening to the rogan debate. Im probably 45 min in. Also like the interview Hancock did on the earth ancients pod cast.

Theres soo much to read up on and listen too but so little time. I also want to read up more one the Bosnian pyramids.

Gobekli tepe is the one that academics cant touch with any logical reasoning. It almost sounds like they are reaching at straws to undermine its importance

Reactions: JK47

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Gobekli tepe is the one that academics cant touch with any logical reasoning. It almost sounds like they are reaching at straws to undermine its importance
Absolutely! More than any one fact I've learned, the most striking thing I've taken from the Rogan/Hancock/Carlson podcasts is just how tenuous some of the evidence is for what is pushed as "fact", and how hung up on the existing dogma modern archaeology can be. Gobekli Tepe is a fabulous example of this, before it's discovery it was "accepted" that modern civilisation began around 6000 years ago and prior to that we were just hunter-gatherers for ~180k years. Then along comes Gobekli Tepe and absolutely blows that idea to s***. Now instead of accepting that the history books need to be thrown out and written again from scratch, they're doing everything possible to fit Gobekli Tepe into the existing ideas. One morning the hunter-gatherers just woke up and decided they were going to build an enormous astronomically aligned megalithic complex. Forget the time that it would take for such ideas to evolve and such skills to be developed, before Gobekli Tepe we were all just cavemen....

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Absolutely! More than any one fact I've learned, the most striking thing I've taken from the Rogan/Hancock/Carlson podcasts is just how tenuous some of the evidence is for what is pushed as "fact", and how hung up on the existing dogma modern archaeology can be. Gobekli Tepe is a fabulous example of this, before it's discovery it was "accepted" that modern civilisation began around 6000 years ago and prior to that we were just hunter-gatherers for ~180k years. Then along comes Gobekli Tepe and absolutely blows that idea to s***. Now instead of accepting that the history books need to be thrown out and written again from scratch, they're doing everything possible to fit Gobekli Tepe into the existing ideas. One morning the hunter-gatherers just woke up and decided they were going to build an enormous astronomically aligned megalithic complex. Forget the time that it would take for such ideas to evolve and such skills to be developed, before Gobekli Tepe we were all just cavemen....
Hancock makes a great point. Even if they did miraculously learn how to build such a complex structure....how could hunter gathers feed the work force ? They would have eventually they would have run out of a food supply if infact they were hunter gatherers, seems like the accepted timeline amd stance doesnt hold up

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
David R David R the ruins found near Yonaguni Japan is another interesting debate. Not only would it impact our current timeline but could even make waves in the scientific community. If that was built when sea levels were much lower it could throw a monkey wrench in the global warming arguement as well

Reactions: David R

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
Yep, and because Marine Archaeology is so focused on finding shipwrecks (because that's where the money is) the chances of discovering more remains from life in the zone that was flooded at the end of the ice age is pretty slim.

Reactions: jaws7777

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
David R David R beat me to it, I was just going to suggest this to you J jaws7777 . It's an endlessly fascinating subject.

How did you guys think Michael Shermer came across? Seems like he just wanted to be right and was speaking in very general tones. It's interesting how a lack of a evidence of an ancient advanced civilization is in a way evidence of an advanced ancient civilization.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store