Can someone please tell me what fish this is?

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Can someone please help me figure out what kind of fish this is? I was told it was a Cuban before but it looks more like a Jaguar. Thoughts? Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong spot... I'm honestly new to using forums in general but any help would be much appreciated thank you.

IMG_2146.JPG

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Ahhh yes I see that resemblance now. My LFS told me it was a Cuban and before I brought him(her?) home he was black and white and he didn't show any orange until we got him settled in. Kind of wondering what I should do. Anyone ever bought the wrong fish before? Hahaha

Covetous

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2016
Florida
Ahhh yes I see that resemblance now. My LFS told me it was a Cuban and before I brought him(her?) home he was black and white and he didn't show any orange until we got him settled in. Kind of wondering what I should do. Anyone ever bought the wrong fish before? Hahaha

Happens all the time man, fish stores get sent mass boxes of fish then put them in tanks and forget what's what. Or a mislabelled shipment. Very common occurrence.

However, RTM's are awesome fish. Very beautiful when they mature. Although highly agrressive. From my experience they are the most agrressive Parachromis at a young age. Obviously Dovii is gonna take that tittle when they put on size. But when little, these guys can be little demons. So be prepared for this.

If your not, then just return the fish. The guy should take it back no problem. Explain the mix-up and get your money back or store credit. Whichever makes you guys agree to terms.

Up to you really. Either way, good luck.

Reactions: Flatstanley22

Flatstanley22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2017
Happens all the time man, fish stores get sent mass boxes of fish then put them in tanks and forget what's what. Or a mislabelled shipment. Very common occurrence.

However, RTM's are awesome fish. Very beautiful when they mature. Although highly agrressive. From my experience they are the most agrressive Parachromis at a young age. Obviously Dovii is gonna take that tittle when they put on size. But when little, these guys can be little demons. So be prepared for this.

If your not, then just return the fish. The guy should take it back no problem. Explain the mix-up and get your money back or store credit. Whichever makes you guys agree to terms.

Up to you really. Either way, good luck.
Good point... my LFS is usually very reliable unfortunately accidents do happen, oh well. But thank you for the info and I would have to agree, they are awesome fish. I will probably keep the little demon

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Definitely not tetracanthus, but as to which Parachromis, ????
Here are a couple tetracanthus (Cubans) to compare, and a couple motaguense. tetracanthus

motaguense
male

female foreground

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store