Arowana with curved spine, why??

Agastya

Feeder Fish
Mar 20, 2016
Yeah Im not really feeling it myself either.
Hi sir turning off the filter is ok. But keep the heater turned On will help kill the bacteria. I don't have a perfect answer for your question as I am an hobbiest and a person at a Arownana breeding club had advised me this. As I followed the steps and I succeeded in saving my fish. Reducing the water by 25% letting the fishes tale almost touch the tank will make it cautious making it try to swim straight and not touching the bottom of the tank. Since the Arowana doesn't like to be touched . Since the arownana is not a Marine fish every breath it takes of the IODISED salt water gives a boost to the bone and the main part the spine.adding rock or iodised salt also keeps the bacteria away The deffect of the fish or the bent spine instantly will rectify it's self. Just a peace of experiance sir
Regards, Agastya

Fishy-Botany

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2016
Hi sir turning off the filter is ok. But keep the heater turned On will help kill the bacteria. I don't have a perfect answer for your question as I am an hobbiest and a person at a Arownana breeding club had advised me this. As I followed the steps and I succeeded in saving my fish. Reducing the water by 25% letting the fishes tale almost touch the tank will make it cautious making it try to swim straight and not touching the bottom of the tank. Since the Arowana doesn't like to be touched . Since the arownana is not a Marine fish every breath it takes of the IODISED salt water gives a boost to the bone and the main part the spine.adding rock or iodised salt also keeps the bacteria away The deffect of the fish or the bent spine instantly will rectify it's self. Just a peace of experiance sir
Regards, Agastya
I would hate to be in your care... :(

Aquaman201

Feeder Fish
May 29, 2017
so I tried the salt thing if it didn't work then a miracle came through. but I have a 3inch arowana and it randomly got a curved spine idk from what but it was in a 55 gallon removed him/her to a 10gallon with bio filter and heater about 84degrees for a day then added 1/4 teaspoon idolized salt in the morning and at night. Then like 5pm next day and left the arowana alone didn't feed it neither and a day or two later it went back to regular swimming and all IT REALLY WORKED THANK YOU

Arsalan9466

Feeder Fish
Jan 28, 2020
I've had my arowana for about 6-8 months. It was only about 4 inches when I bought him and he had artificial blue color from uncle bills. I noticed his spine curving not longer after we bought him but I can't find anything online to explain it. I saw plenty of pictures on google with arowana having their spine bowing upwards but not dipping down like mine. Could he just be deformed? Or could it have been the artificial color? Please help!View attachment 872016View attachment 872017

View attachment 872016

View attachment 872017

Arsalan9466

Feeder Fish
Jan 28, 2020
Is he in pain? Is there anything I can do to fix it or help? Thanks for your input :)
Did it happen like overnight? Or has been getting progressively worse?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yee bro its happen overnight when i woke up i see it in this condition what i do is any antibiotic work with it please my rtg arowana becomes bend from the middle of the body

1580220055028..jpg

1580220133169..jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store