Large aussie crayfish with large fish

turtles

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2012
Australia
Hey there i have a Australia blue crayfish i bought awhile ago hes gotten to about 15cm now and well ive run out of room for him but love him to much to let him go so exploring all options ok so..
I have 5 peacock bass ranging from 18cm to 28cm ( about 11" for the largest) and a oscar bit bigger and 2 eel tail catfish about 20cm question is is there a chance he will eat my larger fish when there sleeping or attack them or vise versa probably a sillu question but any help would be great
thanks in advance
james

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's not a silly question and I'm sure who but I think someone is going to get attacked sooner or later.Perhaps you could hand feed the cray in order to keep it well satisfied and it's attentions away from the other fish.

Reactions: tlindsey

DeathStalker

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2015
United States
Honestly, if anyone will get eaten, it will be him. Not sure whether those are aggressive fish (the catfish won't bother him), but if you keep everyone well fed, and give him good hiding spots, then there shouldn't be much trouble. Crayfish really only go after smaller fish (MUCH smaller then themselves), otherwise they will usually fend off other fish by waving their claws, but rarely doing any damage.

thiswasgone

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2014
California
Depending on the species of peacock you may see the crayfish end up being dinner, but overall if all the fish are well fed then it may work out. Just make sure you have ample hiding spaces for it.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ agree with the above, especialy when your cray molts he will be most vulnerable to attack...

Reactions: Boomer1224
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store