Updates from the 300

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
What da HET?! No porkchop!!!!
Definitely understand wanting to keep the numbers small in order to make them more special. We all have our favorites and our numbers of fish that work for us.

Do think you should go with a swimming fish cause Snooki was a swimmer.
Yep the Het has been a little tool! Being male it thinks it can be a little sneak and nip at the tail. Porkchop is so mild it is kind of a pain. If this were a male pearsei there would be less peace and more issues. I am hoping even if it is a larger dither like a silver dollar for example that it would make the het not so nasty.

Reactions: clm08k and magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
You all know how I feel - I am not at all into poly carpets and I totally support people who want to reduce stock in order to reduce bioload, which means reducing water changes, which means reducing work, and which means reducing the likelihood that the water quality will be high in something that makes the fish ill. Or at the very least swapping out fish that keeps your tank more interesting to you.

I don't get why people are giving him pushback. Don't forget, he also has a Persei which is huge and a big bioload contributor.

We should all be into this to enjoy the hobby, AND to take the best care of the fish we own. They're living beings, not inanimate collectibles.

*off soapbox* (though I promise I'll get back on it again sometime. LOL)

If you want more tank interest and to really love the polys you have, that makes total sense to me. If you have to do huge WCs which you resent, and then aren't psyched to stare at your tank, get rid of a few fish and replace with ones that bring interest back. (Like your bala)

I think you should get rid of the Koliba for sure. Why keep a hider that doesn't have some other quality that you really like?

Same with Croc - hider and aggressive, but if you love the way she looks, well....? I wouldn't really want to put up with an aggressive hider myself, but I guess it depends on how much her looks trump those 2 things for you.

Do not get rid of the Weeksii! She is cool looking but most importantly has one of the largest personalities in all of the polys in this forum.

Only get rid of that gorgeous green Faranah Lap if you are giving her to me. ;)

Another option would be to get rid of the Nigerian lap and the Koliba. Then you have one lap, one endli, one weeksii, one ansorgii. But if your goal is to keep interest and activity, I think getting rid of the two hiders makes the most sense.
No soap box there....makes sense to me !

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Well at least use a net.... dont just grab it. ;)

It does seem like the tank has been easier to maintain with one less cichlid. With the 12.5" Snook being gone the tank seems to stay cleaner longer.
I was planning to swim in your tank and grab the koliba :D, i mean ive never swim in a 300g tank and caught a fish, :p hehehe

Reactions: DMD123 and clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store