New turtle swamp build starting soon!

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
My new custom (customaquariums.com) tank is in arriving at my LFS on Monday, so I should have it home and begin the setup early next week.

Spec wise it's 60''x24''x18''(h) and drilled 2x in each back corner. Made with tempered glass, ultra-clear in the front and back panel. They custom built me a canopy that actually has a light lid made of some kind of synthetic material that shouldn't rot from the humidity.

It's gonna have an internal overflow in one corner, with a basking area built around it, and a basking area on the other side of the tank too.

While this technically has a smaller footprint than my old turtle swamp (6'x2'x30'') the way it will be arranged will be simpler, so the turtle will have better basking opportunities and more space to move. The significantly lower height will mean she gets more UV from the lights, and also that the tank will be easier to work on and access. This is important cause my girlfriend will largely be taking care of it for the next 2.5 years when I'm away for vet school in the Caribbean.

Anyway, will post pics and updates here when I've got em. Very excited!

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
Will post some soon, like in the next week. Ran into a couple of issues (sadly, my big chaca chaca died I think and I've been trying to clean up) and a bit of algae explosion. Should have things under control soon and will post some pictures other than the first one I have, which is below.20170707_093811.jpg

Reactions: bbortko
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store