Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
It seems the mods are on a bit of a power trip. Deleting posts and entire threads about how people acted and now deleting a thread about a current issue that was somewhat local for the op.
hello; I was the OP of that thread. Got a notice it was deleted due to political content and out of bounds of forum rules. I do not know which mod did the delete as there was no ID. I looked for ID but there was none. I guess it does not matter.

I guess the topic could be labeled as political in a sense. However many topics can be said to have a political angle to some degree if stretched far enough. I was a bit confused as the thread did not seem to have as strong a political content and my intention was to gripe about a legal decision that seems wrong, at least to me. I was not very interested in the political angle myself.

At least I have not been threatened with a ban. Oh well, it is their forum and they get to make the rules. I did not realize I had ventured into a forbidden area.

Thanks to those who posted and to the lurkers who followed my thread.
I see. Was wondering if it spiralled out of control. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

FMA4ME

Probation Member
Probation Member
Aug 6, 2013
CA
It seems the mods are on a bit of a power trip. Deleting posts and entire threads about how people acted and now deleting a thread about a current issue that was somewhat local for the op.
hello; I was the OP of that thread. Got a notice it was deleted due to political content and out of bounds of forum rules. I do not know which mod did the delete as there was no ID. I looked for ID but there was none. I guess it does not matter.

I guess the topic could be labeled as political in a sense. However many topics can be said to have a political angle to some degree if stretched far enough. I was a bit confused as the thread did not seem to have as strong a political content and my intention was to gripe about a legal decision that seems wrong, at least to me. I was not very interested in the political angle myself.

At least I have not been threatened with a ban. Oh well, it is their forum and they get to make the rules. I did not realize I had ventured into a forbidden area.

I see. Was wondering if it spiralled out of control. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Where are you vacaying at.
Myrtle beach...over rated. Same as the beaches in our neck of the woods. Wife really doesnt like to fly much since 911....shes gonna have to get over it asap

I commented early on but didnt see much after my posts....did it get out of hand ?

Its odd that when a certain someone is on a thread and is disagreed with..... poof

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Take a deep breath man, vacation should be about time off work, resting, and time with your family.
Ok so this is our 1st real family vacation...

I learned something.... all of the other vacations i went on my entire life have been VACATIONS.......this is a TRIP Lol

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
commented early on but didnt see much after my posts....did it get out of hand ?

Its odd that when a certain someone is on a thread and is disagreed with..... poof
Hello; From my perspective the thread was not out of control. I have read and been involved in other threads which, to me, were allowed to go on with much worse comments and more intense political type comments. The "beheading" thread comes to mind.

Eye of the beholder I guess. Perhaps a more touchy subject than a discussion about depicting the severed head of a sitting president???

Again thanks to those who bothered to respond and to be honest I appreciate those who supported my point of view a bit more.

Reactions: jaws7777

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Lots of rain this morning which means lots of free fish food- earthworms to be collected out in the yard.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Lots of rain this morning which means lots of free fish food- earthworms to be collected out in the yard.
Hello; I got plenty of rain here as well. I use to collect earthworms myself. Do you try to do anything about the dirt/soil in the worms gut?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hello; I got plenty of rain here as well. I use to collect earthworms myself. Do you try to do anything about the dirt/soil in the worms gut?
Yes.I keep them in a container lined with damp paper towels and the worms spit out most of the dirt overnight.

Reactions: skjl47

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Has anyone here grown a sweet potato in water?
I don't recall seeing a sweet potato grown that way but I have seen regular russets suspended by toothpicks in a jar of water.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store