Which is best for good filtration and circulation in the aquarium?

RajaVino

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 29, 2017
India
What is cross flow wave maker? is the best for good filtration and circulation in the aquarium among the cross flow wave maker and the normal wave maker? What is the difference between them?

nossalucard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2015
North Carolina
A few good filter(s) and the addition of a wide flow power-head to direct the waste that accumulates on the bottom of the tank is (in my opinion) to the filter intake(s) is best.

Don't overthink it, or you'll spend way more money than you really need to, unless you just want to experiment (which can definitely be fun) and have a fair amount of disposable income to do so with. This hobby can get expensive, and that's not even talking about going saltwater Fowler or Reef.

What I have found is that experimenting is fine, as long as it doesn't come at the detriment of your fishes health.

HTH

RajaVino

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 29, 2017
India
A few good filter(s) and the addition of a wide flow power-head to direct the waste that accumulates on the bottom of the tank is (in my opinion) to the filter intake(s) is best.

Don't overthink it, or you'll spend way more money than you really need to, unless you just want to experiment (which can definitely be fun) and have a fair amount of disposable income to do so with. This hobby can get expensive, and that's not even talking about going saltwater Fowler or Reef.

What I have found is that experimenting is fine, as long as it doesn't come at the detriment of your fishes health.

HTH
thanks for ur suggestions

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Don't overthink it
Hello; I agree with this. Even a heater in a bare tank will set up a sluggish convection current. A sponge filter run on air bubbles does better.
Never used a wave maker so cannot comment.

The most common setup in my tanks is a HOB along with either an UGF or sponge filter. I tend to place an HOB near one end of a tank and the bubble outlets of the sponge or UGF in the corners. Some fish avoid the stronger flow of the HOB while others tend to use the current.

I tried a power head in a 55 gallon a while back and found it made too much current for my angel fish. My point here being that some will depend on the sort of fish kept. On the other hand I guess massive circulation can be sought for the sake of having it.

Good luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store