Micro Worms

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I have been successfully culturing from the original batches Micro Worms and Walter Worms almost 4 years now. The Micro worms are the easiest fry food to maintain imo. The batches can last for 1 month before starting new ones. The only downside side is the smell from the container when open it. I personally keep my Micro worms in my basement which stays cool year round. They are excellent for fry that stay on or near the bottom. Baby brine is still probably the best but members can always have Micro worms available as instant food source.☺

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Never tried micro worms but this does seem a good way to go.

Being a bachelor or having a basement/separate place to keep the smelly stuff is an advantage. I recently made a culture of boiled lettuce and let it age to have for newly hatched fry. Gets a bit of smell.
I also have raised wingless fruit flies as food. Some spouses may not go for flies in the house.

That said such may be a valuable test for any potential mate to pass. If your girlfriend/boyfriend is not onboard with parts of the hobby, may be time to move on to another.

Reactions: paulW and tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello; Never tried micro worms but this does seem a good way to go.

Being a bachelor or having a basement/separate place to keep the smelly stuff is an advantage. I recently made a culture of boiled lettuce and let it age to have for newly hatched fry. Gets a bit of smell.
I also have raised wingless fruit flies as food. Some spouses may not go for flies in the house.

That said such may be a valuable test for any potential mate to pass. If your girlfriend/boyfriend is not onboard with parts of the hobby, may be time to move on to another.

Lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store