Do NOT Like option?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
.....along with the "ignore" function....talk about a wuss move.I'll never use that either.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Like ......

I see the "like" button as a way of acknowledging to the writer that you have read their message as well as communicating to the writer and the reader that you either appreciate the information in the post or you endorse it. In these cases it cuts down on time to write and read a regular post.

Not like .......

I see the " not like" button as a way of acknowledging to the writer that you have read their message as well as communicating to the writer and the reader that you do not appreciate the information in the post, nor do you endorse it. In these cases it cuts down on time to write and read a regular post.

Reactions: jaws7777

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
The like is a good thing I'd say, just shows that people like something without having to comment or whatever. Or showing appreciation
Hello; You may have the making of a peacemaker.

Is mfk a safe space now?
Who would be the protected class?
and that's why we have the "report" button.
"whiner" function....another feature that I do not use.
Hello; I do not know who is the protected class, but I am fairly sure I have been reported. So I guess some folks have been protected from me.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Hello; Never had a safe space as a kid nor as an adult as far as I can recall. I recall being picked on by the school bully in jr. high. However things changed after a few years when I grew some and got my licks in.

I also recall when as a teacher in the 70's when we could still paddle. I was teaching in Jr High. During the recess/outside play time the timid kids would stay within Mr. F and my sight. None of the bullies could bother them as I would apply a couple of swats on the spot. If I went in to the RR the timid kids would be waiting near the door for my return. A fairly peaceful time.
Some years later the paddle was taken away and the timid kids had no safe place. The bullies knew I could not get to them and they eventually made the life of some kids miserable. There was more concern over some hooligans behind than my being able to keep order. Included order in a classroom as well.

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
Like ......

I see the "like" button as a way of acknowledging to the writer that you have read their message as well as communicating to the writer and the reader that you either appreciate the information in the post or you endorse it. In these cases it cuts down on time to write and read a regular post.

Not like .......

I see the " not like" button as a way of acknowledging to the writer that you have read their message as well as communicating to the writer and the reader that you do not appreciate the information in the post, nor do you endorse it. In these cases it cuts down on time to write and read a regular post.
*This post has been disliked*

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
I don't care if I hurt someone's feelings, on a public forum that was designed with adults in mind. And in case anyone hadn't noticed, I also don't care if anyone *likes* me. lol

IMO a like or or a dislike button simply allows members to weigh in on a subject, without actually commenting. It could work both ways .....

Reactions: jaws7777 and skjl47

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Sent this in PM, but wanted to repeat it here .....

I see no risk in people with thin skins not taking part in public forums - in fact I recommend it. Sometimes I would like to just go on record, without going into a 10 page discussion as to why the OP is awesome (like), or an idjit (dislike).

Pretty sure it will never happen, just thinking out loud today.

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I also don't use the like button. I may have used it once. I used the report button on a few spammers.

wild bill

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
three hills,ab. canada
sites.google.com
What would save more time is a your tank is to small button. While we are at it we could throw in a this fish will outgrow any tank you could hope to own button.
The nice thing about the internet is that even the biggest cowards are 10 feet tall and bullet proof on it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store