overflow to canister filter

funkoptimus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2011
rochester, mn
Where did you get the reducers for the hose?? Also why not put clamps on it to make sure they dont come off?

Pics like the OP asked for :D

120 gallon Aqueon "megaflow" tank with dual overflows conected via bulkhead fittings a softline plumbing to FX5. I removed the towers on the inside of the tank, they are standpipes behind a 3D background.

View attachment 680564
View attachment 680565

inkslinger

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
East Freetown , MA
When I first got my use 110g tank it was drill at the bottom , It was not RR ready it did not have a over flow box. I use a Eheim 2080 filter and added Ball Vales
and hose barbs and hook up my filter to it . My intake was 4inches above the gravel and my return was 1inch below the surface with clear pvc. I never had a problem
with it leaking an was able to remove my filter for cleaning , {The Eheim filters comes with ball valves to remove the hose from the filter for maintenance} I've since change my filter an set-up and plug the holes with out glue so if I want to use them again I can and never had a leak . 10 years ago an still running.

Reactions: Kato4000

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Where did you get the reducers for the hose?? Also why not put clamps on it to make sure they dont come off?
Sorry I missed this post! I bought the barbed reducers from Ace Hardware. Lowes and Home Depot also carry them. I actually do have clamps on the hoses now, the pics were old pics from a test fit. I don't have any current pics. I will soon though since I have hooked up an inline heater and UV.

funkoptimus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2011
rochester, mn
So you reduced to fit an inline heater , do you use a UV? So reducing it did not cause reduction in flow due to a greater head pressure or friction? Would I would love to see pics on how you did that.

DAF590

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2016
CACKALAKY(NORTH)
Pics like the OP asked for :D

120 gallon Aqueon "megaflow" tank with dual overflows conected via bulkhead fittings a softline plumbing to FX5. I removed the towers on the inside of the tank, they are standpipes behind a 3D background.

View attachment 680564
View attachment 680565
I may be interested in trying something like this soon glad to see its been done a while back. - "Nothing new under the sun" they say

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I may be interested in trying something like this soon glad to see its been done a while back. - "Nothing new under the sun" they say
Ah the memories. That was a nice little setup. If I were to do it again I would have used lower standpipes and ball valves. A bit of stuff build up behind the background but it wasn't terrible.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store