Gold Tier Vincentwugwg, MFK's Gold Medal x 3

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
For July end of month voting

I'd like to nominate vincentwugwg vincentwugwg for monster fishkeeper gold. He has more than one tank over 2500 gallons to house his unbelievable collection of rare fish. I feel he goes above and beyond to provide the necessary space true monster fish need to reach their full potential. Vincent is an active member and respected by many. He shares updates of his tanks and fish on an almost daily basis. It's really hard for me to believe he has not been nominated much sooner. Hope to have the support from staff and notable members...thanks

====================

Admin edit:
I was planning to nominate Vince for this in July LOL! I had been PM'ing him to figure out what exactly his tank setups are like in order to appropriately nominate him.

Since this was posted so late in June however, I'm still going to leave this open for July end of the month voting (as if we actually need it lol)

HOWEVER, since Vince has SO MANY large tanks, just one award doesn't truly recognize what he has sufficienly as well. Vince's current list of tanks is as follows:

4000 is 19ftx8ftx3.5ft
3000 is 19ftx6ftx3.5ft
1500 is 10ftx4ftx5ft
1380 is 15ftx4ftx3ft
1300 is 10ftx5ftx3.5ft
1000 gallon 8ftx4ftx4ft
1000 gallon bowfront 10ft x 2.5ft x 6ft
980 gallon 8ftx6ftx33in
900 gallon 10ft x 4ft x 3f

And many others I'm sure. This man's smallest tank that he saw fit to tell me about is larger than most member's largest tank. That is insane!

Under the current rule structure, I don't give out more than two instances of each Monster Fish Keeper award of each level (gold, silver, bronze), but under the rules, Vince certainly meets these requirements. His 4000 and 3000 are each worthy of a gold; his 1500 is worthy of a silver, and his 1380, 1300 and 1000 qualify for a second silver. His 980 qualifies for a bronze, and the 900 combined with the 1000 bowfront qualifies him for a second bronze.

If the members of this site support this nomination, I will be thrilled to issue these awards to Vince :)

====================

Admin edit number 2:

Vince has taken the hobby to such a level as to force me to change the way the award system works. I've removed the two tank award limit and I will give him his third gold award, as he rightfully deserves. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Fully agreed with enthusiam! This man has helped me (and many others) a great deal. He has given us so much of his time and energy. Free time is something a man like Vincent doesn't have much of, and he uses it to share, help and inspire us all.

Truly a legend in the hobby, his dueling 4k and 3k tanks are one of the most breathtaking sights I've seen. He's taken the hobby to another level and has put the USA on the map in the international fish keeping scene and brought a level of quality to the country that was previous unseen before he claimed his place on the throne.

I think we make a MonsterFishKeepers "Platinum" Award. Because this man has perhaps the best albino/platinum/morph collection on the planet! Gold just isn't good enough for what he's done, Happy to give my vote to my friend, the Jedi Master, vincentwugwg vincentwugwg !!!

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
Agreed - Chicxulub Chicxulub make it so

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
I am a very new member to this forum but.. for what its worth.. I agree

From all the reading and searching for info i have done... there are always a few names that come up over and over again teaching and sharing... its worth a lot for everyone and priceless for newbies like myself

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
I was planning to nominate Vince for this in July LOL! I had been PM'ing him to figure out what exactly his tank setups are like in order to appropriately nominate him.

Since this was posted so late in June however, I'm still going to leave this open for July end of the month voting (as if we actually need it lol)

HOWEVER, since Vince has SO MANY large tanks, just one award doesn't truly recognize what he has sufficienly as well. Vince's current list of tanks is as follows:

4000 is 19ftx8ftx3.5ft

3000 is 19ftx6ftx3.5ft

1500 is 10ftx4ftx5ft

1380 is 15ftx4ftx3ft

1300 is 10ftx5ftx3.5ft

1000 gallon 8ftx4ftx4ft

1000 gallon bowfront 10ft x 2.5ft x 6ft

980 gallon 8ftx6ftx33in

900 gallon 10ft x 4ft x 3f

And many others I'm sure. This man's smallest tank that he saw fit to tell me about is larger than most member's largest tank. That is insane!

Under the current rule structure, I don't give out more than two instances of each Monster Fish Keeper award of each level (gold, silver, bronze), but under the rules, Vince certainly meets these requirements. His 4000 and 3000 are each worthy of a gold; his 1500 is worthy of a silver, and his 1380, 1300 and 1000 qualify for a second silver. His 980 qualifies for a bronze, and the 900 combined with the 1000 bowfront qualifies him for a second bronze.

If the members of this site support this nomination, I will be thrilled to issue these awards to Vince :)

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
That sounds about right...it's unusual for a hobbiest to go to the great lengths Vincent does to properly house monster fish, so an unusual number of awards seems fitting!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store