ID Please. Sold to me as Festae, I think Mayan.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Ours was the same way with the Festae, then they were just going at it 24/7 and Butti had to go. I miss him, but he's terrorizing a 350g display tank at one of our LFS. They even gave me $40 credit for him. ;) I swear I keep some of my fish at my LFS and they just hangout there. :D
Your butti was not playing around.

I have a 75g specifically for mine if he decides he's tired of friends. But I'm praying that he keeps playing nice. I really like him in the community tank.

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
Your butti was not playing around.

I have a 75g specifically for mine if he decides he's tired of friends. But I'm praying that he keeps playing nice. I really like him in the community tank.
I have a few spare tanks that I could have put him in, but we move this coming weekend and there was zero sense in setting one up to tear it down in a weeks time. Too much work, and not fair to the fish to stress him out that much in so little time...but no, he didn't play around. :p

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
Also, little Mayan fishy friend MURDERED my Flowerhorn that was twice his size last night. FH hit the water and that was all she wrote...I just needed him to hangout overnight too.. This dude is mean.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
Also, little Mayan fishy friend MURDERED my Flowerhorn that was twice his size last night. FH hit the water and that was all she wrote...I just needed him to hangout overnight too.. This dude is mean.
A Mayan killed a flowerhorn?! :eek:
That's a first. I know mayans are aggressive but I didn't know they were "killing flowerhorns twice their size aggressive". Poor flowerhorn:(. How big was he?
Also I'd love to see some pics of your butti if u have any.

Last edited:

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
A Mayan killed a flowerhorn?! :eek:
That's a first. I know mayans are aggressive but I didn't know they were "killing flowerhorns twice their size aggressive". Poor flowerhorn:(. How big was he?
Also I'd love to see some pics of your butti if u have any.
FH was in the 4" range. She was a solo rider, and super mean but I made a bad judgement call and thought she would be okay with the others for the night. I was horribly mistaken. I'll try to dig some out of him.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
FH was in the 4" range. She was a solo rider, and super mean but I made a bad judgement call and thought she would be okay with the others for the night. I was horribly mistaken. I'll try to dig some out of him.
You thought she would've held her own huh? What other fish are in the tank?

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
A Regani Pike, the Mayan, a Rotkeil Severum, Lemon, 3 giant Danios as dithers, 2 small Eclipse cats and Big Red our Texas. She's off on her own though sectioned on the far side of the tank.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
A Regani Pike, the Mayan, a Rotkeil Severum, Lemon, 3 giant Danios as dithers, 2 small Eclipse cats and Big Red our Texas. She's off on her own though sectioned on the far side of the tank.
Cool! I had some giant danios as dithers but one morning I woke up and the whole tail was missing on one,suprisingly it was still alive. I just decided to put them in my 55g. Didn't think it was gonna make it but after 1 month it grew back completely. I think it's my male Texas, that was before the butti arrived.
Lol that severum must be at the bottom of the pecking order.

Circa4190

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2009
Carmel, Indiana
Cool! I had some giant danios as dithers but one morning I woke up and the whole tail was missing on one,suprisingly it was still alive. I just decided to put them in my 55g. Didn't think it was gonna make it but after 1 month it grew back completely. I think it's my male Texas, that was before the butti arrived.
Lol that severum must be at the bottom of the pecking order.
He's kind of a dick, actually. The Danios are doing just fine in there. I figured they would become a snack for the Pike. Our little 1.75" O Nicholas got the **** kicked out of him and we thought he was dead until I went to do my morning rounds of the tanks today and he was up at the front begging for food. He's so rough at the moment....like...he looks dead in appearance but he's still the happy fishy friend he was on day 1. He's been moved to the guppy tank for treatment, and is loving every second of being at the top of the food chain.

Cichlids-r-beasts

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2017
He's kind of a dick, actually. The Danios are doing just fine in there. I figured they would become a snack for the Pike. Our little 1.75" O Nicholas got the **** kicked out of him and we thought he was dead until I went to do my morning rounds of the tanks today and he was up at the front begging for food. He's so rough at the moment....like...he looks dead in appearance but he's still the happy fishy friend he was on day 1. He's been moved to the guppy tank for treatment, and is loving every second of being at the top of the food chain.
My severum tries to attack my texas when he's not looking,he doesn't mess with bumblebee though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store