What's the most grusome death one of your fish has suffered?

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
selling some spider wood from inside my tank and one of my young Syno Petricola somehow stayed in a small hole in the wood. I honestly did a really good check before removing it completely out of the water. even dunked it a few times to ensure no fish was still hiding in the wood.

Well I sat the wood down on the towel on the floor fishing doing everything and tidy up. Head into my living room to find my dog looking guilty in his bed. I go over to find that he crushed up the little fish in a pretty gruesome way...

Poor little guy, i felt terrible for at least a few days after that. All could of been avoided if I only checked the wood a little harder.

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I've got 1 kinda 2. 1st I had a bichir beheaded by a giant river prawn. 2nd one didn't die but it was gruesome it was a bristlenose pleco, he knocked over a decoration and tried to spawn in it only to get stuck and have his back eaten by shrimp. I was able to break the decoration with a hammer and nurse him back to health

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Well I'm sad. I'm going to have to put down one of my favorite and oldest fish, my trilineatus cory. I've had him for 5+ years, he is probably 6, not sure but he has been there for a long time. He got stuck on the goddamn sponge filter somehow with a molly. I have tried to get him to recover but he can't swim right and his side is pretty damaged. UGH. The molly got thrown in the 125 to be food since it already died. Mad about that too, it was an expensive female.
Doesn't help that the guppies and mollies are staring at me like this for the last 10 minutes WTF.
20170516_095754_HDR[1].jpg
They know I think.

Great way to start the day, jesus. :(

GamerChick5567

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2016
Tustin, CA
Yeah no idea how it happened, but he got wedged in between one of the folds and the glass. I'm guessing the filter shifted somehow? He must have been there for a while. I haven't seen him for the last few days and usually he would come out to the front of the tank with the other cories.

Ugh. He will be buried with the other trilineatus back at my parent's house. I still have the sae's I need to bury too.

Zex Marquis

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
Came home real late one night having had just a little toouch fun. The lights were off in the tank but i noticed the lid was up. No worries put it back down and went to bed. The next day i noticed my footlong buttikoferi wasnt in the tank!!!! Found him under my bed covered in lint and dust. Tried to revive him to no avail

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
Way back when it was legal to keep Snakeheads here in the USA I had a foot and a halfer along with 2 ,12" inch IR Sharks.Well one time just as me and my wife were walking up to the tank all of a sudden we hear a snap,the snakehead bite one of the sharks in half it still bothers my wife till this day.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I kept damsels and triggers together for few months, the trigger ignored them for the most part until recently its got pissed off by a damsel that stole his food right under its nose, usually its just chase the damsel off and took its food back, not this time I guess "enough is enough" for the trigger, its chased the damsel and bite the tail off to the bone to cut the chase then its finished off by few bite near the damsel belly took chunk of the damsel flesh out, its try to chew a bit but split it out and went back to its favorite meaty food I throw in the tank. I removed all the damsels after that brutal kill that show "who's the boss?".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store