New Red Belly....

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
I just received red belly,it is about the size of a quarter.Right away it went right behind the filter is it just scared?When do I feed it,will it let me know its hungry?I almost had a heart attack when I couldn't find him,how long should it take for him to get used to his tank??Any help would be appreciated.Nick.C

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I just received red belly,it is about the size of a quarter.Right away it went right behind the filter is it just scared?When do I feed it,will it let me know its hungry?I almost had a heart attack when I couldn't find him,how long should it take for him to get used to his tank??Any help would be appreciated.Nick.C

Give little RB time to adjust to its new home . Probably will eat in a day or two. Don't over feed RB will not starve itself. I estimate a week but still will take a little more time to realize you are no threat.

Reactions: Boomer1224

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Also may become fearless and attack the glass when you approach the aquarium. Don't stick hand in aquarium even if RB brushed your hand accidentally with its mouth you will be bleeding.

Reactions: Boomer1224

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
Been a couple of days I threw in some tiny pieces of shrimp he came out from behind the filter swam around then he saw me and right back to the hiding place

coopers

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2016
he'll get used to you, it mite take a few weeks, but once he recognizes you as the source of his food he'll loosen up.

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store