KEN's FISH review

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
Anyone purchase aquarium items from Ken fish before?

Anyways, they always have good fair prices on fish food and aquarium equipment.

However, BUYER BEWARE: their customer service is horrible. They never ever pick up their phone call. You can try it for yourself at 1-508-823-4043 You have to leave a voicemail and they will call u back when they feel like it. Sometimes their voicemails are full.

I recently purchase three items. Two flex hose and a seachem stability. They only mailed me 1 of the 2 hoses. I emailed, called, voicemail, BBB. Nothing.

Just for a future reference, if theres an issue with your order, good luck getting it resolved.

Icthisapian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2012
Wareham, MA
Ive order quite a bit from Ken's. I've never really had any problems with him. He sometimes sends me free samples of foods when I make orders, or includes a few new items to try out(i order $100+ at a time). Thier site is pretty straight forward about what is back ordered and what isnt in stock. You need to remember he is a small operation, a couple people maybe? I think its just one guy tbh. You also need to remember as a small business owner they wear ALOT of hats. Returning calls some days may be less important that making sure the lights stay on and the doors stay open. Id shoot him an email and say your looking to find the remaining items from your order. If that doesnt work lemme know, ill give him a call as hes usually pretty responsive.

Reactions: isde02

FreshyFresh

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2015
Buffalo NY
I've ordered food and supplies from Ken's a few times. Never any issues at all.

Reactions: isde02

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I've ordered food and supplies from Ken's a few times. Never any issues at all.
+1.....however, I've never had to contact them with any issues, so I have no first hand experience in that respect.
Since your order was recent, perhaps the slowness in response is due to the busy holiday season. Well, hope things get resolved for you soon

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
Did a MFK search about Kensfish. Found this. I've bought from Kensfish about 2x/year for the last few years. Never had a problem til my most recent "transaction." But, I have always felt you can't truly judge customer service, until you see how they deal with you when you don't have a easy, straightforward transaction.
Pros: cheaply priced, especially buying bulk brand name fish pellets, Seachem Safe
Cons: Customer Service
--- I paid for some items over 2 wks ago, still don't have my delivery. They ignore your emails, and when they finally provided a tracking # a week ago, it currently (as of this minute) has a label created but has not been shipped. Luckily I checked out with Amazon, and having them deal with them. Just a frustrating experience, a lack of both respect and professionalism. I will NEVER purchase from them again, I'd rather spend more $$ elsewhere. And if anyone knows me, I don't bash vendors and have had my share of crappy experiences. This is the worst! Just my opinion and experience, no need to start a new thread on them.
Good luck!

Sallimsayin

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2012
USA
I just bought something from them recently. They have great prices. I got a Hydor 350 for $105. It took several days for them to message me back about an issue. So, customer service is slow, period. But still great prices and super fast shipping.

Al Czervik

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2015
Rockland County, NY
I have been a customer of Ken's for around 5 years now and there definitely was a period of time when his customer service was lacking. I placed an order last week however and every item was in stock and the items arrived in 2 days. Hopefully it was just a hiccup and he's back on track.

DeathStalker

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2015
United States
Customer Service = 0

Tried calling and leaving a message twice, never got a response. Sent two email, never got a response. Very irritated.

Would have liked to have tried some of the food, but can get comparable stuff elsewhere without the hassle.

HUSAR

Feeder Fish
Jul 13, 2017
I would like to WARN everyone buying from Ken's fish. This guy is a fraud and liar, according to his website there is 30 days return policy if customer is not satisfied. I bought recently Fluval Fresh and Plant 2.0 and I had a issue with it. I just wanted to exchange it for different one, I called several times, left massages and email this guy more than ten times no response. There's no customer service, no returns, no refunds. Never will buy from him again, I will rather spend more money and buy somewhere else. KEN'S FISH IS A FRAUD BUYERS BEWARE !.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store