Lights on? Or Lights Out?

zzlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Philippines
hello everyone, at night time before you sleep, is it recommended to turn off the lights for my FH? So that he will be comfortable when he rest? btw i dont have aquarium led lights hehehe im using our light at home as an aquarium light im so poor. Pls comment if you have any ideas guys i would gladly accept it if it is for my flowerhorn's good ty

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not sure if flowers have lighting requirements that other fish don't but I would turn off the house lights at night as you normally would when you turn in.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I actually bought a 24/7 light from finnex that I just leave on all day. It changes the light amount through out the day to simulate a real day. You have low dawn light in the morning, high light mid-day, and then blue light for evening.

zzlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Philippines
I actually bought a 24/7 light from finnex that I just leave on all day. It changes the light amount through out the day to simulate a real day. You have low dawn light in the morning, high light mid-day, and then blue light for evening.
and your fish liked it bro? they doesnt show any signs of stress? that's an awesome led light you got there bro thanks btw

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Not that I've noticed. Because of the 24/7 feature it's not very bright for much of the day and it eases into the changes so you don't have the sudden turn on a light problem.

zzlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Philippines
Not that I've noticed. Because of the 24/7 feature it's not very bright for much of the day and it eases into the changes so you don't have the sudden turn on a light problem.
hehe yeah it's less hassle than the other led light without automatic feature

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store