Updates from the 300

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Been awhile.... So a little update

All is well with all the Polys looking healthy. Been cutting down feeding so there has been a lot less tank maintenance. Been so busy with home projects that this just seems the easier way to do it until I get more time for the tank. The polys all are at that slow growth phase where they seem to get bigger in girth than any more length on them.

Just the one pic because the big, nasty Croc came out to look around

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I cant believe how busy I have been around the house. For those that dont know, my wife and I bought her grandma's house and did a full gut down to the studs and rebuilt it. New plumbing, electrical and the works. This year has been some finishing stuff with a little interior painting of doors and trim left and getting the existing sprinkler system going along with demo of an old leaking shed and building a new one. So yep I've been busy and have not had time to spend here on MFk. So this is just a little "Hi, I' still here" post, lol

Not anything new but I figure the best of weeksii cuteness pics are better than nothing.

Hope to be back with new pics soon....

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
I cant believe how busy I have been around the house. For those that dont know, my wife and I bought her grandma's house and did a full gut down to the studs and rebuilt it. New plumbing, electrical and the works. This year has been some finishing stuff with a little interior painting of doors and trim left and getting the existing sprinkler system going along with demo of an old leaking shed and building a new one. So yep I've been busy and have not had time to spend here on MFk. So this is just a little "Hi, I' still here" post, lol

Not anything new but I figure the best of weeksii cuteness pics are better than nothing.

Hope to be back with new pics soon....
Wow DMD123 DMD123 , didn't know you were in the process of building a house.Well rebuilding....but you know what I mean...since you are basically building a new one...only having to work a lot harder and more to go around the existing pieces. Sounds like you have been extremely busy!

Glad to hear from you and thanks for the Weeksii cuteness! Love and laughed at the pic of her planking on two polys. 1 weeksii 2 polys. Greatest plank collection.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The main house is pretty much done just all the little finishing touch stuff left. The remodel is what allowed me to get my 300. We remodeled the house around the tank!

Reactions: clm08k

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
The main house is pretty much done just all the little finishing touch stuff left. The remodel is what allowed me to get my 300. We remodeled the house around the tank!
That's cool!
Finishing touches:rolleyes: ummm hate to break this to you but you know its a house right? Its never going to be done, there will always be another project lol.

Reactions: jaws7777

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
That's cool!
Finishing touches:rolleyes: ummm hate to break this to you but you know its a house right? Its never going to be done, there will always be another project lol.
How true! There are always projects. My wife and I were dealing with a house that was too big and was at the point where it was going to need a new roof, paint and carpet within a few years. The new house is smaller and has all that done now so we do feel like we are ahead of the big things for awhile. So it does seem like finishing touch stuff at this point.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Hows the het and pearsei been ? Was suprised that its showimg aggression ? Asking because im pretty sure i have a little male

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Hows the het and pearsei been ? Was suprised that its showimg aggression ? Asking because im pretty sure i have a little male
The little male het is dwarfed by the pearsei yet will face off against her. It is also taking nips at her backside and has nipped her tail. It was being kept in check by the snook but now the dynamics have changed so it feels it can flex its muscle more. I might need to add something as a distraction for it like a large bala or something like that.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
Just an idea of the scope of the project, lol

Here is the gutted living room. Next to the broom you see concrete, this is where the tank was planned for. Could not ask for a better base. Took out all the blocks and had a solid slab of concrete to build on to.

Nice thick concrete slab under the plastic

Hole plugged up, new wall built and front entry moved over

Wall where tank is to go

From the front entry looking into the future kitchen

Kitchen in the half way there process

Almost done

Getting ready for carpet and here is where the tank goes

Reactions: clm08k
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store