What's in the box? It's polys!

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Couldn't find the del last night.
yeah...... oh no!
No way...joke or serious ?
No joke. I think someone got hungry.....will try looking for the del again today. But the inability to find it yesterday

I was wondering if that might happen. That Del was so little! :(

I'm sorry, Chelsea.

They have WC ones at wet spot right now that are 6" if you want to replace it with a larger one. I am biased but I think that WC Dels are awesome.
A WC del would be cool. Thanks for the tip off. Originally I wanted on with thick patterns and tiger markings. Maybe I'll go that route. Or try Toyin and see if I can get another moke with the yellow and brown striped fins.

Then of course I was thinking about rope fish and South American lung fish.

Trying to fight the urge to not overstock. Might get some more danios for the moke to eat? I don't like feeding live. But she hasn't really been eating pellets. Maybe 1 if I put them in there. She's a tilapia hog. Any other fish I should try? Blackworms? Shrimp? Silversides? I'll go back and look at the food side convo! Maybe I'll try soaking the pellets in blood worms again.

Reactions: magpie

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Couldn't find the del last night.

No joke. I think someone got hungry.....will try looking for the del again today. But the inability to find it yesterday

A WC del would be cool. Thanks for the tip off. Originally I wanted on with thick patterns and tiger markings. Maybe I'll go that route. Or try Toyin and see if I can get another moke with the yellow and brown striped fins.

Then of course I was thinking about rope fish and South American lung fish.

Trying to fight the urge to not overstock. Might get some more danios for the moke to eat? I don't like feeding live. But she hasn't really been eating pellets. Maybe 1 if I put them in there. She's a tilapia hog. Any other fish I should try? Blackworms? Shrimp? Silversides? I'll go back and look at the food side convo! Maybe I'll try soaking the pellets in blood worms again.
She wont eat the carnivore pellets?!

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Mine also like hikari cichlid gold and NLS.

I wouldn't feed live. Too risky, plus will encourage her to nip at fish even if she doesn't eat others.

You might try live ghost shrimp, live blackworms, live earthworms, krill, and catfish if you want more variety.

Bloodworm juice soaked pellets should get her there eventually. What kind of pellets do you have? I can't remember.

For stocking (and this is just my opinion) I wouldn't get another Moke. I think variety is more fun! Get another Del even if CB but just be sure it's 4+ inches.

I'm a rope fish fan as you know. I know nothing about lungfish!

Reactions: clm08k and jaws7777

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Agree with mags just starve the moke. Mine was the same way but i didnt have it long enough to win the war. Dont give in and she'll come around. If it were me i would totally discontinue tilapia until shes eating what u want her to eat

The ornate is like this but the other way around he always prefers pellets over tilapia some times he'll miss 2 feedings then give in...im ok with it. I only feed pellets once a week so its his loss

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I agree I'm gonna do the same once I get those ropes fattened up a bit, before the others go in. They will only eat the blackworms. They have all picked up a carnivore pellet 1/3 and spit it back out so they think it smells like food just not what they want. Ill presoak them in blood worm juice at first but then its all or nothing.

Probie

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2017
Upstate New York
Id give it another look just to make sure that he isn't hiding but, I wouldn't be surprised if someone did get hungry :( That's the only reason I haven't gotten an ornate or endli yet, I'm afraid they would be too likely to eat the guys I've got now.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
She wont eat the carnivore pellets?!
She'll have like one. Maybe. That's what I was doing. Fed NLS one day, then skipped a day then did Carnivore, then skipped a day, then when it was about to be tilapia day(del got eaten).
Mine also like hikari cichlid gold and NLS.

I wouldn't feed live. Too risky, plus will encourage her to nip at fish even if she doesn't eat others.

You might try live ghost shrimp, live blackworms, live earthworms, krill, and catfish if you want more variety.

Bloodworm juice soaked pellets should get her there eventually. What kind of pellets do you have? I can't remember.

For stocking (and this is just my opinion) I wouldn't get another Moke. I think variety is more fun! Get another Del even if CB but just be sure it's 4+ inches.

I'm a rope fish fan as you know. I know nothing about lungfish!
magpie magpie Good point about the feeding live. Definitely don't want the moke to keep eating other fish or nipping. Good point about the pellets too. I want her to eat them and be satisfied. Will try the other options you listed like the krill. Maybe she just has a taste for her own kind. I do like the variety of polys option!

kno4te kno4te Do you think if I got one of the 6 inch WC dels from Wetspot, the moke would be okay. Would be devastated if anything would happen to her or if she got eaten. However I do want three polys in the tank.

Want to try earthworms, but will have to buy them from a special place to get ones without pesticides. In the meantime I'll do bloodworm soaked pellets again and try the krill and catfish. Like the idea of preventing bloat.

J jaws7777 I was doing NLS pellets, no feed the next day, carnivore pellets, no feed, then was going to do the tilapia, but then the del was gone. She seems to love tilapia, but the pellets not so much. Even with skipping days in between, she might eat like two small ones or none at all. Then eat like 10 pieces of tilapia 3 days later:

twentyleagues twentyleagues she likes smelling the carnivore pellets lol. Gonna try the blood worm soaked version. That's interesting about blackworms. Where do you get those from? Do your ropes like tilapia? Even the big rope isn't touching anything?!

Probie Probie it is unfortunate, but the del is defeinitely in the moke's stomach. At least she might get a growth spurt?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store