Dolphin Moori blue patches

Grinch

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2014
NJ
There won't be any fry.
+1. After looking at the video, gotta give you props... good spot on the holding from the still pic!! Very subtle bulge...

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
She is mouthing eggs, no question about it. The eggs will for almost certainty all be dead, and dropped over the next few days.

edited to add - if by some rare chance fry are produced, please grow them out!
I'll certainly keep a close eye on this situation and will capture any fry. Extra tank is ready to go.

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
I'll certainly keep a close eye on this situation and will capture any fry. Extra tank is ready to go.
Quick update the eggs are gone and so are the stress patches. Her behavior is back to normal. I have zero experience with eggs/fry but I'm assuming the only way I'll be successful is if the next time she's holding eggs I'll have to catch her and put her in a separate tank?

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
It's a joke you know. you have add good of a chance of fertilizing those eggs and producing mermaids as that acara has of of creating acara x moori . someone on here had their male gt cross with their female front, so I would believe they mated, but obviously no fry were hatched of their union.
RD. RD. I thought I had finally got you making a really stupid mistake, but after that video I must admit you are right as usual. BTW, some female riftlake cichlids will lay and hold eggs with no male at all markstrimaran markstrimaran had a dragonblood peacock hold when it was the only fish in the tank.

Reactions: Irecruitfish

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
No, just leave her in the main tank. The eggs will with almost 100% certainty never hatch, even if fertilized by your male Acara. It's a hybrid mix that generally does not work.

BTW - I make lots of mistakes, just ask my wife. :)

Irecruitfish

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2016
Chicago area
No, just leave her in the main tank. The eggs will with almost 100% certainty never hatch, even if fertilized by your male Acara. It's a hybrid mix that generally does not work.

BTW - I make lots of mistakes, just ask my wife. :)
Makes more sense now. Thanks everyone!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store