What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?:
Cycled Media
What are your prices?:
Where are you located?:
Trenton, NJ
Pickup or Able to Ship?:
Pickup
Description:
Just setup a brand new 330 gallon tank. I have not had a tank running since last year so I do not have any cycled media to help kick start the tank.

Looking for cycled media or sponge filters so I can speed up the process. Anything helps!​
Shipping method:
Acknowledgement:
I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Reactions: Bigfishnut

jvc66

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2015
NJ
There are lots of mfkers in NJ areas. No one willing to help?? I'm in Bklyn if ur were close come over with a new matrix n replace with my cycle media for free.
Thanks man I wish you were closer. I'm on day 2 of my fishless cycle with seachem stability but I just want to kickstart everything. My closest LFS is renovation and got rid of all of theirs

00kevin

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2011
NJ
I'm in Burlington NJ. I'd be happy to trade dollar store pot scrubbers with you. Been meaning to clean my sump anyways. lol

Reactions: jvc66

TekOne

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2017
Sunland
Don't know Petco in your location. I asked they 2times for 4-5 gallon of buck of their establish tank water to kick start. They give free.

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
for 4-5 gallon of buck of their establish tank water to kick start. They give free.
hello; I believe the general consensus is there is very little value using old (established) tank water in terms of picking up the beneficial bacteria (bb). The bb are considered to form a bio-film on surfaces. This is supposed to make it almost pointless to use the water itself to seed the bb.

There is also a risk using old tank water in that any parasites or pathogens can be in the water. I have gone to the practice of not introducing any water from other tanks into one of my tanks. When I get new fish and after acclimatizing them I pour the water and fish thru a net thus trapping the fish in the net. That way I only introduce the fish into my tanks.

Reactions: jvc66 and Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Only the media is beneficial. Tank water won't help much

Reactions: jvc66
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com