All 5 Parachromis and 3 Amphs

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Just restocked a 125 and 220 from scratch and decided to go with the lineup from hell, satans stock list. All 5 Parachromis species as well as a Red Devil, Trimac and barred Midas. All of the fish are around 2-3 inches, and currently doing well with each other. Nothing's better than starting with two empty tanks because each weekend for the past month I've been visiting all of my favorite fish stores and only picking up fish that I loved. After getting 4 of the 5 Parachromis by chance I decided to order from Rapps to complete the set, along with adding a Trimac and Barred Midas. As time goes by, odds are I will have to move some of these guys, but for the meantime I thought I'd share a few shots of the coolest stock list I've ever had.

IMG_1554.JPG

Alexxxxsv14

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
anaheim/orange CA
Aw man nice thats gnna be a bruiser tank
Who do you think has most dominance already

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
in the 125 I have the Mota who's male, the Loselli and the Red Devil. They have a slight advantage size wise and the Mota is by far the biggest and most aggressive. The fish I got from Rapps were about a half inch smaller so I put them in the 220, and moved the Dovii and Jag who were getting chased around a bit by the Mota in the 125. The Jag went from goat in the 125 to boss in the 220. All of the fish can hold their own but the three fish you'd expect are the biggest jerks, Mota, Dovii, Jag. Im worried they are all male, if so the band will probably break up sooner than later.

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
Still kicking after all this time. They have put on some size in the past little bit, especially the Jag, Dovii and Midas, but all of them are still kicking. Curious on the sex of them, please feel free to venture a guess, the only ones I'm confident on are the Jag and Mota being male and the Trimac being female. The 220 is the tank with the most fish and it is amazingly calm for now. The 30 has the Losielle until it puts on some weight, and the 125 has the Devil and Mota. The Mota is a stone cold killer, that's why it's picture sucks. It's in a very naturally lit tank and just prowls the shadows. It's always lurking and seems to not want any attention. Definitely the most dangerous fish of the bunch.

IMG_1835.JPG

IMG_1839.JPG

IMG_1841.JPG

IMG_1846.JPG

IMG_1856.JPG

IMG_1857.JPG

IMG_1865.JPG

IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1881.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG

nirmal

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Loved the jaguar, awesome fish.
If all these fish could somehow coexist in a tank, that would be a dream stock :D

pelleeklund

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 23, 2009
Pennsylvania
He's a mean one too, I've had crazier Jags, but not many. I can see him and the Dovii having problems, but with this stock list it's only a matter of time. Ideally, depending on sex and species, I'd like 4-5 of them to figure out how to get by without killing each other. Every day you turn the light on your expecting the tank to look like a fish smoothie in a blender. Hopefully I can trim the list down before one of these guys goes on a rampage. Parachromis are awesome for 6 kill nights.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store