Uninterrupted power supply

Lukemitchell

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Tamworth
It sounds like you might have the tank set up wrong.

I've lost power several times over the years (like tens of thousands of other aquarium owners) and not a drop ever went to my floor. And I've never had a UPS.

That could happen if you have a back siphon or a faulty volume level in your sump.
That's not the main reason why I want a back up just want one in general but Ye the first sump I built for it I calculated the gallons wrong that would return to the sump but that's all sorted now I just thought there might be a cheaper option instead of spending a couple thousand.

Lukemitchell

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Tamworth
It sounds like you might have the tank set up wrong.

I've lost power several times over the years (like tens of thousands of other aquarium owners) and not a drop ever went to my floor. And I've never had a UPS.

That could happen if you have a back siphon or a faulty volume level in your sump.
That's not the main reason why I want a back up just want one in general but Ye the first sump I built for it I calculated the gallons wrong that would return to the sump but that's all sorted now I just thought there might be a cheaper option instead of spending a couple thousand.

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
No, it will handle 865 watts. Buy 3 and then you can run a TV and speaker system at the same time. Or look on Amazon for the 1,000 watt ones which are under $200 and buy two.

In any case, it's not within a gunshot range of $2,000.

Reactions: Lukemitchell

Gills_And_Scales

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2017
Hi Luke,
Sounds like you have something I currently have on my 75 gallon, i have a hang on overflow going down to my homemade sump.

Now on my return pipe, I put a small hole near the top ( I had to measure when the pump was off, how much and where I wanted the water to stop returning to the sump)

However, After coming home to a water room (lol) one day, I decided to purchase a U.P.S. unit.
Below is the link of the current one I'm using for my aquarium with the overflow.
I hope this helps in some way!!

Here is something I use on my Overflow Tank

https://www.staples.com/APC-Back-UPS-XS-1500VA-10-Outlet-Power-Saving-UPS/product_797220

Lukemitchell

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2017
Tamworth
Hi Luke,
Sounds like you have something I currently have on my 75 gallon, i have a hang on overflow going down to my homemade sump.

Now on my return pipe, I put a small hole near the top ( I had to measure when the pump was off, how much and where I wanted the water to stop returning to the sump)

However, After coming home to a water room (lol) one day, I decided to purchase a U.P.S. unit.
Below is the link of the current one I'm using for my aquarium with the overflow.
I hope this helps in some way!!

Here is something I use on my Overflow Tank

https://www.staples.com/APC-Back-UPS-XS-1500VA-10-Outlet-Power-Saving-UPS/product_797220
Thanks for replying,

I've been looking at these, but I'd need 2 of them, is there anyway of hooking them both up together ? And how long will they last as I'm planning on running about 1500 watts ?
Thanks

HarleyK

Canister Man
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
USA
Thanks for replying,

I've been looking at these, but I'd need 2 of them, is there anyway of hooking them both up together ? And how long will they last as I'm planning on running about 1500 watts ?
Thanks
You cannot run UPS in series. I don't know why, but it doesn't work. Sadly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store