Illegal fish questions

Siddons11

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
USA
Honestly, I just think there are far more important things in life to get worked up over then whether a shop is selling Asian aros or not, especially when South American aros and Australian Saratoga are already legal in the USA. I live in Australia where Asian aros are illegal too but I've seen them for sale here and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Especially considering we are allowed to keep the SA variety. Seems a tad hypocritical IMHO.
Asian arowana are illegal in the US because they are an endangered species, not because we are worried about them becoming invasive.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Dloks

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
in a car
Let people do what people gotta do if it doesn't affect you then why bother them... why would you go and report them if they have done absolutely nothing to you. Sounds to me like you have some issues with the place. Why the heck else would you be so savage and just report them when you YOURSELF have no idea whats legal/illegal and even if you did WHY DOES IT MATTER. People shouldn't buy fish without doing their own research anyways, let other people worry about their own problems instead. There are people paid to do this for a living to inspect for things of this nature. Let the professional do their jobs. No need to cause more problems and trouble to a local business.

jmf

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Let people do what people gotta do if it doesn't affect you then why bother them... why would you go and report them if they have done absolutely nothing to you. Sounds to me like you have some issues with the place. Why the heck else would you be so savage and just report them when you YOURSELF have no idea whats legal/illegal and even if you did WHY DOES IT MATTER. People shouldn't buy fish without doing their own research anyways, let other people worry about their own problems instead. There are people paid to do this for a living to inspect for things of this nature. Let the professional do their jobs. No need to cause more problems and trouble to a local business.
Lol you're kidding right? Please tell me you joking. So if a business was selling o I don't know say drugs or even slaves you should just ignore it? Most animal protection/fishes departments are so understaffed and need people to help. Sorry but what a silly and selfish attitude to have.

Reactions: TheOscarFishKing

jmf

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
It's silly to equate the selling of drugs and slaves to the selling of aquarium fish.
What I meant by that, is he is stating that you should ignore what a business does. So do you ignore it or not?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What I meant by that, is he is stating that you should ignore what a business does. So do you ignore it or not?
I already said what I would do.

jmf

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Even though they are endangered there are still species being sold like the axolotl which are extremely endangered in the wild
Aren't they all now breed in aquariums?

jmf

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
I might sound like a "do gooder", greenie etc but I'm not (I deeply dislike the green party in Aust). I just love nature and want to protect it as best as possible whilst also allowing for human advancement.

Near where I live someone dumped chemicals in a river killing over 15 tonnes of native Australian freshwater fish etc in an already damaged river. That gets me angry.

TheOscarFishKing

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2017
I might sound like a "do gooder", greenie etc but I'm not (I deeply dislike the green party in Aust). I just love nature and want to protect it as best as possible whilst also allowing for human advancement.

Near where I live someone dumped chemicals in a river killing over 15 tonnes of native Australian freshwater fish etc in an already damaged river. That gets me angry.
I'm the same way

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store