Dat hitting itself

ajking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
Hey seen my dat hitting itself on the black acrylic over flow . Sort of like whipping him self into it ? Could he have parasites or somthing like that or is it normal behaviour cheers

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have observed dats displaying similar behavior to what you describe and it sounds like yours is being bothered by parasites.How long have you had the dat?

Reactions: FunWow!

ajking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
I have observed dats displaying similar behavior to what you describe and it sounds like yours is being bothered by parasites.How long have you had the dat?
Only about 10 days. I was just watching him 15 mins ago he flicked himself about 7 times

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I have never heard of that stuff but it might work in clearing your dat of it's patasites.I would recommend treating it with Prazi Pro if you can get it in your area.

ajking

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2017
I have never heard of that stuff but it might work in clearing your dat of it's patasites.I would recommend treating it with Prazi Pro if you can get it in your area.
Yeah I can't get that here but that blue planet has the same ingredients cheers

Gage Zamrzla

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2010
Penn Valley, CA
Parasites seem more likely though I've seen datnoids act this way roght before getting ich. Though the ich could have come on as a result of stress from a parasite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store