Payara ID?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
That's an interesting point you just made there sir.. so can I ask what is the difference in price of these fish where you are?
Sure,in this area a two inch scomb typically goes from thirty to forty dollars whereas an armatus of the same size might be close to one hundred dollars.

Reactions: AquaAlex1993

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
Yes I see. I got me scomberoides for 20 a fish.. but they were half the size. Armatus was about 50... so yes about right really guess..

On another note Krichardson... Is there much in the way of people who keep and-or info on..ramphidon vulpinus? This is one I haven't kept yet but really am considering it..

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yes I see. I got me scomberoides for 20 a fish.. but they were half the size. Armatus was about 50... so yes about right really guess..

On another note Krichardson... Is there much in the way of people who keep and-or info on..ramphidon vulpinus? This is one I haven't kept yet but really am considering it..
The armatus has gone down in price a bit over the years but they are still more expensive than the others.
Raphiodons are cool too.They have a different look to them.They are rarely brought in it seems.DBJunkie has or had a few,maybe he will chime in on them.

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
Is a bit strange really the price difference! to my knowledge it's only the fact that armatus gets the max size over the others that it grabs the better price in the shops.(novelty for that reason alone I'm guessing) not the fact for example that there any rarer to find than the rest that sets there price apart?

And yes great if there are any ramphidon vulpinus keepers I could chat with about these fish.

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
these are about 6" theres one in the tank pushing 8 and are going for 100 a pop. an armatus around here of that size would easily be 300. i might need to pick up one of these guys. scombs are my favorite of the payaras, i love their long pectoral fins

DannyDovii

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2017
London Bermondsey
these are about 6" theres one in the tank pushing 8 and are going for 100 a pop. an armatus around here of that size would easily be 300. i might need to pick up one of these guys. scombs are my favorite of the payaras, i love their long pectoral fins
Sorry pal. I'm a little lost? What fish are going for 100 a pop? And I agree on the scomberoides.. there a very smart fish.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Is a bit strange really the price difference! to my knowledge it's only the fact that armatus gets the max size over the others that it grabs the better price in the shops.(novelty for that reason alone I'm guessing) not the fact for example that there any rarer to find than the rest that sets there price apart?
I did not see this earlier but very good points here.

A

AquaAlex1993

I can tell you right now that the scomb is going to be a lot cheaper han the armatus.
Yea, I've seen that viewing some of the online vendors and fish stores. I am going to have to do my research first and see which one I will get. I am close to the armatus just need to make sure it is good with tankmates.
Sure,in this area a two inch scomb typically goes from thirty to forty dollars whereas an armatus of the same size might be close to one hundred dollars.
Lucky you I've never personally seen payara in my area since 2011.... lol

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
DannyDovii DannyDovii these ones im looking at are about 6" each, with one specimen in the their tank pushing 8" and all going for $100 each

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store