Could my panda Cory have died due to a plastic plant?

Chaseg03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2016
IMG_1363.JPG I have been looking for him for DAYS. Glad I found him today as we leave for a trip Tommorow. He is obviously dead in the plant. Could there have been food in there and he went for it and died by getting stuck. I'm sorry for asking an unimportant question but I am just so curious thanks! (You can see his tail at the bottom but there is another while thing that has nothing to do with him. His head is more up. It's not that white circle by his tail.)

Chaseg03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2016
image.jpg
View attachment 1264572 I have been looking for him for DAYS. Glad I found him today as we leave for a trip Tommorow. He is obviously dead in the plant. Could there have been food in there and he went for it and died by getting stuck. I'm sorry for asking an unimportant question but I am just so curious thanks! (You can see his tail at the bottom but there is another while thing that has nothing to do with him. His head is more up. It's not that white circle by his tail.)
UPDATE: I started trying to loosen him with a net and he started wiggiling. What should I do? Place him in a bucket with gravel and an air stone or leave him in the tank? He looks very beat up.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
View attachment 1264573
UPDATE: I started trying to loosen him with a net and he started wiggiling. What should I do? Place him in a bucket with gravel and an air stone or leave him in the tank? He looks very beat up.

Either take the plant out or isolate the Cory until you get back tbh I would remove the plant so you don't have to worry about Cory fouling the water in the bucket.

Reactions: GamerChick5567

Chaseg03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2016
Either take the plant out or isolate the Cory until you get back tbh I would remove the plant so you don't have to worry about Cory fouling the water in the bucket.
Ive decided to just leave the cory in. He isn't as active as the others but on occasion moves. I think he will be ok. Thanks for the help.

Chaseg03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2016
that plant has nothing to do with him getting stuck catfish are masters of hiding in all kinds of places you sure a large fish was beating up on him?
I count imagine it. Ive never seen my copies get picked on. I swear it wasn't that. What could've led him to get in the plant like that?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store