Hey Mister...You wanting some Clowns?
View attachment 1261329
Ok Mister...Let me find some for you.
View attachment 1261330
Here is one but wait you must
View attachment 1261331
Will three be enough for you, Mister?
View attachment 1261332

Sorry for the bad jokes but that last pic really had me cracking up :) Like his own personal bodyguards or something :)

The Greenie is easily the star of the tank. Just got him a few days back. He was all skin and bones, fattening him up with a variety of pellets.
Beauty !

Reactions: demonknight

demonknight

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
India
Guys, quick question.

What type of lights should i be having for my GT to be comfortable? Any specific kelvin range? LEDs/T5s?

demonknight

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 18, 2007
India
So it's been a few months now since i got him home and while he is feeding well he remains shy and prefers to stay in his cave even with dim lights on. Ventures out of his comfort zone to the front of the glass only when he is hungry. For his size i would have imagined him to be more bold :( needless to say seeing the alpha's behaviour even my clowns have started hiding. double bummer.

Most of the day tank is like a ghost town. Half a mind to sell them all off and get a wet pet.

Help :(

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
That is sad and disappointing:/
My first thought is to suggest bold dithers to bring him out more, or maybe a companion?
He does look stressed, but appears to be healthy. I'm really not sure why your boy would be acting the way he is.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
Sounds stressed.

Let's cover some basics:
Water temp?
Nitrate levels?
High flow or low flow in the tank?
What's the stock like?
What is his diet like?
Any flashing or poops that look off?
Any signs of illness?
Where is the tank located? High traffic?
Picture of the full tank?

Big robust cichlids that spend all day in a cave just isn't right. My gt is at the glass 90% of the time watching us and or begging for food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store