"Chahlie" The Fly River Turtle - Watch me grow

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
If I had some confidence they wouldn't attack each other I would love to have a pair!

I have friends who do it successfully, but this little fella doesn't like anything else that is moving ;)

My dream is when he turns 20 to find a mature female and build a giant, graduated pond with a sandy, shaded bank for the female to crawl up to and lay eggs....Maybe next lifetime right?!

Reactions: Bigfishnut

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nice turtle! Saw one at London zoo recently and it was really majestic, they didn't keep it with their 3 AUL though

Good luck ;)

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Thank you Hendre Hendre . I always have been captivated with them since I first laid eyes on them.

This fella will be kept solo :)

Reactions: Hendre

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Stunning , they really do have personalities of their own .mines extremely active now in the day and seems to have adjusted to my schedule , I'm sure urs will too
Thank you Rghfor Rghfor , I've enjoyed seeing your turtle also my friend. Fine specimen. I'm really enjoying it and learning a great deal. Mine seems to have long schedules of activity and sleep. 24-36 hours active, then nearly as long sleeping while just coming up for air.

Perhaps the most cherished pet I've ever had, no idea I would enjoy this so much :) Adding more protein to the diet. Reducing Kale intake for oxaylates concerns.

Last edited:

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
That's a good laugh. Did she ever commit to calling it FaRT? The "A" could be for Australian?!

How old was the turtle when the pictures were taken Oddball Oddball ? Do you think an 8x4x2.5h will suffice for life as a solo specimen?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store