Help, still clear/white poops after several treatments! What type of internal parasite my fish has?

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
As the title says how do I go about it?

I have done a full round of prazipro not too many months back.

Recently I have treated with Epsom salt soaked food follow up by a 3 day treatment of nls hex shield.

Yet still getting some random white or clearish poops in between healthy normal looking poops.

I am at a loss!

He otherwise eats very well, super active, great color and all that. Water is being changed daily and nitrates are below 5ppm. I am doing 70% daily and siphon out all old poops.

I am going to do one more round of nls hex shield for good measure only because I don't know what else to do.

tarheel96

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2015
North Carolina
Hexshield should take care of most parasites which might cause those symtoms. After that I'd wait to see if it might be something that gradually clears up without further treatment.

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
also, not sure if anyone has had this experience with NLS hex shield but my fish doesn't seem to enjoy it that much. its takes him a bit but he does eat them. maybe presoaking them might help?

how many 3mm pellets would you feed each time to a 6" fish?

This morning I gave him 10 but not sure if thats enough or too much or just right.. I usually feed more to be honest of his normal foods but they are smaller pellets.

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
I would treat with two rounds of levamisole this will cover worms in the callimarus family. If still doesn't clear either not a parasites or the medications were not used properly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store