Breeding big spot BD hybrid pups

MariaS

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
South Africa
At this stage, the males are very nice but the two girls... I cant believe how big their spots are already!
Will be really interesting how these grow up... you keeping them?

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
At this stage, the males are very nice but the two girls... I cant believe how big their spots are already!
Will be really interesting how these grow up... you keeping them?
Thank you Maria. I agree. That's basically a rule around these parts. I'm surrounded by beautiful women (human and pets), and the men, well we have faces made for radio ;)

I think I'll definitely hold onto everything for a few months and reevaluate, it's always hard to part with your babies :) I'll continue to post updates until we decided what we would like to do long term. I suspect they could change quite a bit in the coming months. I may eventually do some trading for new genetics, I'm focusing on getting them nice and plump!

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
I really like the last female there. A heart on the midsection and a pair of dnb in between the ribs.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
I really like the last female there. A heart on the midsection and a pair of dnb in between the ribs.
I agree! She's bright and she's really clean. If you look at the smallest spots on her, there are around 7 or 8 of them, those are all new since birth. So she has a chance for islanding if it keeps up.

I'll put mom back with her man in another month or two. I always like to give the ladies a nice break to fatten up between breeding.

Last edited:

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Just for reference you are in the US right? Gotta put you on the map of panhandle locations.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Just for reference you are in the US right? Gotta put you on the map of panhandle locations.
Yes sir! We live in the good ole' USA. West Coast. We live out in the forests west of Olympia, Washington. Right near the base of the Olympic Rainforest. We joke that the rays came from the tropical rainforest in South America and now live in our temperate rainforest here in North America.

I work in Newark on occasion I'll have to reach out to the East Coast MFK folks and see if we can visit some shops or coordinate some day.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
Ahhh the world's only temperate rainforest. Will make it a bit easier to find you guys if I ever end up on the west side.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Ahhh the world's only temperate rainforest. Will make it a bit easier to find you guys if I ever end up on the west side.
That's correct! Not many know that, you paid attention in Geography class! For sure my man we like to party :)

Reactions: Woefulrelic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store