New Tank

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
By ad do you mean 3D background ?

It looks amazing - can I ask where you got it?

Also, what is New Zealand iron sand????

Edit: just googled iron sand - looks awesome! It's referenced in a lot of planted tanks, is that because it leaches iron out? Does it degrade over time?

I'm very intrigued!!! I love black sand aquariums...

Peterepete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
The Background is by Aqua Décor, custom made in Serbia. I have more rocks on order to complete the arrangement.
Ive had Iron sand in my daughters tank for around 4 months, looks like it hold up nicely, its very fine and will most likely reduce the impellors life in the two FX6 canisters as its magnetic...its also very expensive, like $60 AUD per 20kg....oh and be carful using your algae magnet near the substrate line .... you will scratch your tank with ease. it is a little harder to live with but I really like the look and I get Zero poop in the sand as its compacted so fine, the fish appear to enjoy digging in it also.

14.JPG

Yoimbrian

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2013
Twin cities
I love it, looks awesome.

I've see aqua decor and looks like they have an amazing product - though I'd be a little uneasy pre-paying $1,000+ to a company half way around the world.

Sounds really fun with the sand too. I could see the magnetic thing being a little annoying, but for a beautiful and functional substrate may be worth it.

Peterepete

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2017
The customer service and line of communication with AquaDecor was very impressive...This BG was only $900AUD delivered to Australia, and that's with floating and sinking rocks x 3, I thought it was well worth it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store