Pike tankmates?

Experiment397

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2010
Probably the Poly section
Thinking about picking up a pike cichlid for my tank instead of an odoe and am curious about how it would react to a few of the fish I currently have. I'm looking at either an atabapo or lenticulata and am not sure how it would Cohab with my datnoids and my polleni. Also have some polypterus in the tank as well as bala sharks but they mostly mind their own business and nobody messes with them. The dats are a little territorial with their individual caves in the driftwood and the polleni has a thing for one of my filter intakes and guards it 24/7 unless there's food to come eat then it's right back to it. Has anyone kept either pike species with dats or polleni? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Rocksor

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2011
San Diego
Lents tend to be way more aggressive than Atabapo 1 pikes. I currently have the 12" Atabapo 1 female in my tank, and she runs the whole 8 feet of it.

In the end you won't know until you try. You should decide now who should go if the pike you choose is way too aggressive or if the pike is way too passive.

Reactions: Experiment397
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store