Arowana

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Try smaller carnivore sticks and make sure the water is nice and warm...also as cruel as it may sound you may have to starve him for a day or two so he builds an appetite...I spoiled an Aro of mine once on live and had a heck of a time getting it to eat sticks
I have to agree. I starved my Barracuda because it didnt want to eat for 2weeks. after i introduced pellet a few days ago he started eating it. its good to have a pellet fed tank:D

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Try smaller carnivore sticks and make sure the water is nice and warm...also as cruel as it may sound you may have to starve him for a day or two so he builds an appetite...I spoiled an Aro of mine once on live and had a heck of a time getting it to eat sticks
I have to agree. I starved my Barracuda because it didnt want to eat for 2weeks. after i introduced pellet a few days ago he started eating it. its good to have a pellet fed tank:D

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
I've never had to starve a fish to get it eating anything I give it. It takes time and patience. Start out feeding the most nutritious food it will eat, variety is important, and over time you can slowly introduce other foods like pellets into the mix. This method always works if you keep at it and use some common sense. I have many wild caught fish including rays, dat, aro etc... and have gotten them all onto the food I want them eating. For your baby aro, try crickets and live red worms. Bloodworms work good too, but not great for growth. You'll get the best growth with a combo of tilapia, shrimp, scallops, chopped nightcrawlers, and occasional pellets for vitamins. I would not and do not feed pellets daily to any of my fish. The fillers (wheat, soy, rice, ect) are not good for your fish as a daily staple. Feed your aro twice a day until it's about 24"

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I've never had to starve a fish to get it eating anything I give it. It takes time and patience. Start out feeding the most nutritious food it will eat, variety is important, and over time you can slowly introduce other foods like pellets into the mix. This method always works if you keep at it and use some common sense. I have many wild caught fish including rays, dat, aro etc... and have gotten them all onto the food I want them eating. For your baby aro, try crickets and live red worms. Bloodworms work good too, but not great for growth. You'll get the best growth with a combo of tilapia, shrimp, scallops, chopped nightcrawlers, and occasional pellets for vitamins. I would not and do not feed pellets daily to any of my fish. The fillers (wheat, soy, rice, ect) are not good for your fish as a daily staple. Feed your aro twice a day until it's about 24"

^
This

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store